Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 7:01am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok fine... ill do this because im bored then im off to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by godd
    So the OP came here asking for help, and since no one really knew, they just ridiculed his PERSONAL DESIRES for an ART.
    we told him that he would very likely not find what he was looking for even in thailand. he continued on to tell everyone else they were wrong because he read some crap on wiki. this isnt newbietown so he got shat on and couldnt handle it. tough.

The borans are very different than the SPORT muay thai that most of you are glorifying; boran styles are far more aggressive in the sense that it wasn't made with rules in mind. Boran is to the 'edgy' new muay thai as street fighting is to boxing.
    if you had more than a vague knowledge of the arts you probably would have put pugilism there. And for what its worth, the only people who are teaching muay boran are people who have "rediscovered" it and are selling their discovery to dumb foreigners at twice the price of the best muay thai gyms in thailand. muay boran, as its being sold now, is the "edgy" new alternative to muay thai. not the other way round.

Boxing is very effective in a street fight, but you aren't trained to avoid steel pipes, knifes, and elbows to the head. I'm not very partial to any martial art, because I get the good out of all that I can...all knowledge is good knowledge. The FACTS are the new muay thai that everyone here is defending has been cut down to a ring style fighting. In fact, for those of you that have said that you've read up on boran styles should obviously know that the moves became more and more illegal in money fights because players were getting dead. :-\ It's there, and anyone that's researched it will tell you the differences in the styles. I think it's pretty sad that modern day muay thai is really hopping around a ring throwing jabs and a few knees that wear both people out until someone gets so tired they slip to the ground. :(.
    that last sentence tells me that you obviously don't let your bias come into your reasoning at all. no sirree. Actually, a majority of techniques got cut out of muay thai because they dont work. or they still get performed- just rarely and really arent part of a core system. this is what happens with any competitive sport- the low % moves are used less. its common sense. you are right in that certain moves were banned (such as headbutts) but not as many as you might think.

I've known only a couple of people that proclaim to do the ART, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, however, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about since you obviously don't know the boran styles... then I suggest you stfu.
    im sorry, you just said you dont know much about the topic at hand, then right after that said if you dont know you should stfu. and you just wrote this whole diatribe about it? can you see where im going with this?

I'm probably not going to post on this biased board full of boasters, so flame away since that's what most of you do best. I've noticed that most of you have video links for your 'fights'... I suggest you watch them yourself. Running around a ring doing the same thing that's always been done isn't an art, and you guys (and girls) don't really have the aggressiveness for a hard style.
    well I know i wouldnt want to do anything like what the dog brothers do, that looks scary. I didnt even like playing hockey in primary school, people waving big wooden sticks about makes me nervous. most people here are amateur fighters so of course we dont look great. not quite sure what you mean by running round a ring doing whats already been done... so by your logic, people who play rugby now are just doing what has always been done and arent playing rugby any more?

I actually didn't get pissed off watching the videos until I noticed idiotic misses due to a worn down fighter...do you think this has to do with the PADS, WASTED ENERGY, and the SMALL SQUARE RING? I'm probably a bit biased since my philosophy towards fighting is taking a person down as quickly as possible without any tippy toeing or dancing involved.
    hey, 10oz gloves arent that big... although the cup i had to use to protect my mether regions was a specially fitted extra large size ;)

seriously though, you can **** talk the people here who have fought all you want. doesnt mean a damn thing until you can prove you can do it better- im waiting for the vid of you kicking ass and taking names with baited breath. im not kidding either, this is a website about backing up claims. if you think you can do better then prove it. since the people you are badmouthing (im assuming, kidspatula annatrocity and me) are all amateurs that shouldnt be hard, right?

for what its worth, the one altercation i had in "teh street" i ended in probably less than 5 seconds from woah to go against two people.

Since I'm non-biased towards martial arts (not sports), then I'll go ahead and say that systematic arts are the downfall of learning. Regardless if it's muay thai or wushu... it has a system, and with a system you have weaknesses and strengths. Each body is different, so why would the same art be just as effective for everyone?
    quite right which is why we dont teach two students the same if they have different abilites and strengths.

It's not, and that's why you need to find what you're more comfortable with. I think this is why there will always be fags (like on this board) that start **** because they're simply ignorant to anything outside of their ego.
    uh... im not really sure where THAT came from. you sound like the kind of person who you are describing. and fag? what are you twelve years old?

I'm sure at one point someone's saying "I would whip this dude's ass"...no you wouldn't. If you're really that good of a fighter, I'd fight you. If you're really a fighter with a strong heart to win, but have a highly negitive ego...then you aren't bulletproof. Winning is easy, but exploiting an art isn't as easy.

Know your body, know your source, know your art.
    you realise there is a throwdown forum right? the only ego I see here is yours. if you are such a badass, perhaps you should turn up to a throwdown and prove it. because right now all you have is hot air.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 1:18pm

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm probably not going to post on this biased board full of boasters, belching, bitching and blathering with blatant bias.
    Fixed it - you needed more bs (or maybe you're providing enough). Alliteration FTW.

OP, have you looked at Lethwei? Still may not be extreme enough for you but maybe more available.

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 12:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay buran

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm learning muay boran. for clarifacation its pronounced bulon. no bs, he's from bankok, learned from his uncle. since there are about 15 precessors to todays Muay Thai, i'd say your chances of finding someone are exactly like the responses your getting from people. i was unaware that i was even learning it until today, googled out of interest, and now im here. krabi krabong is not a dance lol.

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 11:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.foxgym.at is where i train!

you can learn krabi krabong there but it`s in vienna :)

cheers

Banned for failing to live up to the standards he expected of others and wasting more time on calling out forum military members' credentials than he spent in his own military career.

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 4:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bulldogging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a few exellent Muey Boring schools around. I suggest you learn Thai and ask around.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2006 9:42pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't get it do you? A guy came to this forum and asked for help because HE DIDN'T know, and he gets flamed? Seems idiotic. I expected to get flamed because I responded in that sense, but he shouldn't have. I don't know the guy/girl, but I've been there before and there were always people wanting to put down styles for no reason. Boran styles deal with grappling, weapons, and the hardest moves to disable an opponent permentantly if able.... this makes the ancient styles completely different from the trendy sport style that you see today.

You've bashed, but haven't backed up anything. So, in return, do YOU have anything useful to say? I haven't seen anything yet.
    YOU ARE A SMART PERSON!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2006 2:26am

Style: Muay Thai, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    for what its worth, the one altercation i had in "teh street" i ended in probably less than 5 seconds from woah to go against two people.
    You may have already posted this, but please Alex, tell, tell! I love stories of MA being used in fights!
    And where did all these noobs (including me) come from?? 50% of posts in this thread have been made by them

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2006 8:29am

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why the **** do you wanna learn muay boran? i smell LARPer... it's like people who wanna learn "t3h r34l" muay thai or some ****... get a life and go train muay thai.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/09/2006 4:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G-G Ghost!
    You may have already posted this, but please Alex, tell, tell! I love stories of MA being used in fights!
    And where did all these noobs (including me) come from?? 50% of posts in this thread have been made by them
    not much of a story, some asshole and his friend tried to start something at a bus stop in a fairly rough area (where i train)

grabbed the first guy, kneed him in the body, turned around and cracked the other guy then legged it. didnt want to hang around and see if they had knives

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2006 4:32am

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't get it do you? A guy came to this forum and asked for help because HE DIDN'T know, and he gets flamed? Seems idiotic.
    It seems to me that he's getting flamed not for asking for help, but because he is holding on to an opinion he has formed from what seems to be nothing more than browsing the internet (which as we all know is a bastion of truth with no false information or posturing to be found) whilst people with actual experience are speaking to the contrary.

I don't know if Muay Boran exists. I don't claim to know one way or another. If the fella is so cranked up about it, he should go to Thailand and do the detective work himself. He'll either learn what he's looking for or learn a lesson in the process.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast