222063 Bullies, 3500 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 2:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    One of the founding Dog Brothers http://dogbrothers.com/wrapper.php?f...os_sanford.htm studied Krabi Krabong in Thailand. You could try him.
    Not sure how updated this info is. He studied there and is an Ajarn in KK and will have insight to locations of KK. You might also ask his opinion about MB. If the email or phone # doesn't work contact Crafty Dog at the DBMA website above. You can also purchase the KK DVD at the DBMA website although it shows more application with FMA's in mind. The bonus footage is good.

Arlan "Salty Dog" Sanford: Teacher
    Guro/Ajarn
    1351 Pacheco Street
    Santa Fe, NM 87501
    phone# 505-983-7345
    Email: saltydog@cybermesa.com
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's no skin off my back if you want to waste your time and money with some muay boran Mcdojo. I just find it funny that you think it'll teach you valuable fighting skills.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 3:01pm

Style: Muay Thai/Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks, hey i was never saying I was right, i was just saying everyone else is wrong :P It could be bs, i am just saying that based on what i've read i dont think it is. its pretty irrelevant because I am still learning MT regardless.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know kid i was secretly rooting for that chick in your first gif because of her awesome pants >_<

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    you know kid i was secretly rooting for that chick in your first gif because of her awesome pants >_<
    I can't help it that I had to wear some drab ass kickboxing pants, they were borrowed (they were also like a foot too long in the legs and had to be rolled up)

(edit: and if Terrie reads this, I appreciate the pants greatly, they were very comfortable :) )
    Last edited by Torakaka; 9/26/2006 3:49pm at .
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 5:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jeet kun do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

:-\

So the OP came here asking for help, and since no one really knew, they just ridiculed his PERSONAL DESIRES for an ART. The borans are very different than the SPORT muay thai that most of you are glorifying; boran styles are far more aggressive in the sense that it wasn't made with rules in mind. Boran is to the 'edgy' new muay thai as street fighting is to boxing. Boxing is very effective in a street fight, but you aren't trained to avoid steel pipes, knifes, and elbows to the head. I'm not very partial to any martial art, because I get the good out of all that I can...all knowledge is good knowledge. The FACTS are the new muay thai that everyone here is defending has been cut down to a ring style fighting. In fact, for those of you that have said that you've read up on boran styles should obviously know that the moves became more and more illegal in money fights because players were getting dead. :-\ It's there, and anyone that's researched it will tell you the differences in the styles. I think it's pretty sad that modern day muay thai is really hopping around a ring throwing jabs and a few knees that wear both people out until someone gets so tired they slip to the ground. :(.

I've known only a couple of people that proclaim to do the ART, so I'm not claiming to be an expert, however, if you don't know what the hell you're talking about since you obviously don't know the boran styles... then I suggest you stfu.

I'm probably not going to post on this biased board full of boasters, so flame away since that's what most of you do best. I've noticed that most of you have video links for your 'fights'... I suggest you watch them yourself. Running around a ring doing the same thing that's always been done isn't an art, and you guys (and girls) don't really have the aggressiveness for a hard style. I actually didn't get pissed off watching the videos until I noticed idiotic misses due to a worn down fighter...do you think this has to do with the PADS, WASTED ENERGY, and the SMALL SQUARE RING? I'm probably a bit biased since my philosophy towards fighting is taking a person down as quickly as possible without any tippy toeing or dancing involved.

Since I'm non-biased towards martial arts (not sports), then I'll go ahead and say that systematic arts are the downfall of learning. Regardless if it's muay thai or wushu... it has a system, and with a system you have weaknesses and strengths. Each body is different, so why would the same art be just as effective for everyone? It's not, and that's why you need to find what you're more comfortable with. I think this is why there will always be fags (like on this board) that start **** because they're simply ignorant to anything outside of their ego. I'm sure at one point someone's saying "I would whip this dude's ass"...no you wouldn't. If you're really that good of a fighter, I'd fight you. If you're really a fighter with a strong heart to win, but have a highly negitive ego...then you aren't bulletproof. Winning is easy, but exploiting an art isn't as easy.

Know your body, know your source, know your art.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 5:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is it worth it? na. don't let the door hit your arse on the way out buddy. I don't want assmarks on my door.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 6:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is it worth it? na. don't let the door hit your arse on the way out buddy. I don't want assmarks on my door.
    You are pretty much worthless. I watch your fights, and you aren't impressive...especially nothing new in any form or fashion. You're too cocky. You're just mad because you don't know what the **** you're talking about. Just at least read about it if you're going to pretend to know what you're talking about.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 6:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by godd

I'm probably not going to post on this biased board full of boasters
    guess you decided you would? have anything useful to say?

Im cocky about what, I never claimed to be a good fighter. you seem awefully upset about something though. If I cared more about the opinion of some faceless internet bruce lee nutrider, id probably put more effort into flaming you, but you arent even an interesting troll- your material has been used like a 2-bit whore already.

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 6:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    guess you decided you would? have anything useful to say?

Im cocky about what, I never claimed to be a good fighter. you seem awefully upset about something though. If I cared more about the opinion of some faceless internet bruce lee nutrider, id probably put more effort into flaming you, but you arent even an interesting troll- your material has been used like a 2-bit whore already.
    You don't get it do you? A guy came to this forum and asked for help because HE DIDN'T know, and he gets flamed? Seems idiotic. I expected to get flamed because I responded in that sense, but he shouldn't have. I don't know the guy/girl, but I've been there before and there were always people wanting to put down styles for no reason. Boran styles deal with grappling, weapons, and the hardest moves to disable an opponent permentantly if able.... this makes the ancient styles completely different from the trendy sport style that you see today.

You've bashed, but haven't backed up anything. So, in return, do YOU have anything useful to say? I haven't seen anything yet.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast