Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 9:08am

Style: KrottyCrappleAnimeLARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nifoc
    Is there actually a point to this discussion? Other than bashing the fuckwits who can't see the difference between a coreographed fight and the real thing?

I thought this forum was about exposing bullshido, not about bashing teenage fanboys. Unless they're stupid enough to come here and try to argue their point that is.
    Actually I'd class this kind of thread as a "Laughing at the stupid people" thread.:copdance: :icon_joke

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 9:15am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Yagami
    Actually I'd class this kind of thread as a "Laughing at the stupid people" thread.:copdance: :icon_joke
    Fair enough. *Points and laughs*

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 9:34am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there actually a point to this discussion? Other than bashing the fuckwits who can't see the difference between a coreographed fight and the real thing?

I thought this forum was about exposing bullshido, not about bashing teenage fanboys. Unless they're stupid enough to come here and try to argue their point that is.
    Actually, yes there is a point behind this thread although it has drifted.

Its mind sets like this that keep shitty schools (see any thread on Fang Shen Do) around. When people believe and buy into the myth that 'the deadly' or even worse 'too deadly' style exists they head to schools that work to reinforce these thoughts.

When you shine the harsh light of reality on these thoughts people talk about it. They will be laughing about this over coffee or at the water cooler (where we all know the deadly Office Ninja hangs out). The more people talk about it the fewer people like this we will have to deal with:

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 9:52am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point.

I've always been curious though. I mean Jet Li is really fast, and I don't mean on film. What would happen if he actually hit something? Would he break his hand, or does he actually know how to fight?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 11:34am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always been curious though...does he actually know how to fight?
    From Wikipedia.org

Jet Li participated in the sport of wushu in the non-sparring event. He began his wushu career as a member of the Beijing Wushu team, an athletic group organized to perform martial arts forms during the All China Games. As a member of the team, he received wushu training and went on to win fifteen gold medals and one silver medal in Chinese wushu championships:
    1974 Youth National Athletic Competition: broadsword form gold medal, optional empty-hand form gold medal, all-round gold medal;
    1975 Third Chinese Wushu Championships: long fist form gold medal, spear form silver medal;
    1977 National Wushu Competition: long-fist form gold medal, broadsword form gold medal;
    1978 National Wushu Competition: long-fist form gold medal, optional empty-hand form gold medal, broadsword form gold medal, all-round gold medal;
    1979 Fourth Chinese Wushu Championships: long-fist form gold medal, optional empty-hand form gold medal, broadsword form gold medal, sparring form gold medal, all-round gold medal.
    Apparently not according to his record.

TKD

PS - I heard Matt Hughes got a letter in HS for interpretive musical Wrestling forms and Power Breaking!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2006 6:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I heard that the UFC was trying to setup wolverene vs hughes.

Hughes would lose to a first round claw stoppage.

And forget about Cyclops, unless Rogue has absorbed his powers then he has the best takedown defense in the business.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678