Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 1:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isatheprophet
    Going back to aikdio, well I think its a valid martial art, and can teach you self defence. It just depends who is doing it and who you are fighting.
    Very true. However, good arts like BJJ and Judo will work for a small woman defending herself from a 7-foot tall man, whereas aikido will only work for the reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 1:51pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being an Aikidoka, who practices in an alive manner, I would like to refer you to the search function. The following names are all aikidoka who post in defense of Aikido (to aid your search).

NasalInfection
    Guilty Sparks
    Fearless Ukemi
    GRAB MY WRIST
    RainnyX
    Mr. Jones

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 1:51pm

Style: switched to Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isa, your question has been answered countless time on Bullshido. Please search for the threads. If you were to train in an "alive" art, you would understand just how ridiculous you really do sound. Seriously use the search function.

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 1:53pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iscariot

You did akidio for only one year and now you think its bullshuto, fair dues if that your a opinion but I fear you have anger managment issues. Also doing any MA traditional or mixed for one year is really calling the kettle black. ITS NOT LONG ENOUGH SHERLOCK
    One last post before I go stalk the Freshers........

Firstly, I do not have anger management issues. I am known for being very level headed IRL. I have even been flamed in this board for being too nice.....

I didn't say I thought Aikido was bullshido (see, that's the correct term, in case you spell it, it's at the top of every page), I was questioning your source of 'most fights' and disagreeinng that it is in itself a complete self defense system. Saying that I did a year of it wasn't meant to imply I thought it was ****, it was to illustrate that I have first hand knowledge of Aikido training and techniques.

Anything more will have to wait, beer calls.......

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 1:55pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Lurk more, and assume less

True words of wisdom.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 1:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iscariot

You did akidio for only one year and now you think its bullshuto, fair dues if that your a opinion but I fear you have anger managment issues. Also doing any MA traditional or mixed for one year is really calling the kettle black. ITS NOT LONG ENOUGH SHERLOCK
    You have done BJJ never, and now you think you know what its about. BJJ people don't dive to the ground and try to buttscoot their way to victory. Its NOT ok that you are making assumptions like this, and I fear that you might be a complete retard. Also, if people with one year of MA experience are not allowed to speak their opinions, then people who have never done it shouldn't either. YOU'RE A RETARD, KILL YOURSELF

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 2:08pm

Style: Shootfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And while your at it, please pick up spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Cause I like to be sure I got it correctly before i start argumenting. That, and you just plain fucking suck at the internet.

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 2:10pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why can't we get any intelligent, entertaining trolls? Why do they all have to be half-witted douchebags living at home with mom?

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Why can't we get any intelligent, entertaining trolls? Why do they all have to be half-witted douchebags living at home with mom?
    Just when I thought the summer recess idiots were all back in school, this cat rears his funny little shrunken head.

:suicide:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast