Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 12:04pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TM,

Same with me, they had a huge batch with shitty primers. Found that out real quick in a competition.

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    10/03/2006 5:36pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I have to stick up for Wolf a little bit. I have never had a problem with their AK rounds or their 45 ammo. Keep in mind that an AK and a Glock can feed just about any crap you put in it.

As far as it being dirty, well ya it is, but I clean my guns right after I shot them. I buy Wolf because it is cheep and I can buy it in bulk. If I was doing serious shooting, I would get good ammo but for just messing around, I like their ammo just fine.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/26/2006 8:25pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA/BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would stay away from the forigne +P+ sub gun ammo in a pistol too, your barrel is too short to get the velocity gains and all the stuff will do is beat the hell out of your gun.

I like to practice with Winchester White Box WWB, it's cheap and you can normally get it from Wal Mart.

I have had OK luck with Wolf 9mm, but the point of aim is off from my carry ammo and from WWB.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 1:27pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I avoid Olympic for my Springfield 1911-A1. The ammo itself is not the problem - its the low tolerance of a gun built for competition. In order to ensure proper feeding, I would need to polish the ramp, etc. - or use good ammo, like Remington. I just use decent ammo, killing two birds with one stone and avoiding any QC issues.

Ive used Silver Bear ammo in .40 with no problems, cheaper than Wolf, but again, it burns dirty. The cases actually feel gritty, which is somewhat disconcerting initially, but it does not effect performance. No problems with Wolf.

Of course, this goes through the Glock, which eats anything. A lower tolerance match gun would be different.
    Last edited by rush2024; 10/31/2006 1:32pm at .

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Your first Group1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 2:58pm

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I have been experimenting with different stuff. Thanks for the warnings and recommendations!

I think I've mostly found good ammo. I've had good luck everything I've tried. Very few jams or half ejections.

I've used Winchester 115gr BEB, Win 147gr TCMC, Win 147gr JHP, Win 115gr FMJ, Remington UMC 115gr FMJ, CorBon 115gr JHP +P and some local gun shop 115gr reloads. All of these were reliable and suprisingly clean burning.

I also tried some Wolfs cause they were so cheap and American Eagle. Less reliable, but grungy.

Price varies, but the Win FMJ ($11.95/100) and REM UMC FMJ($35.99/250) were about the best deals I could find locally. But I think anything under $10.00/ box is an okay deal, not great but okay.

I've settled on CorBon 115gr JHP +P for home, in case of emergency...mostly because we were shooting these at pumkins and I hit one dead center and it demolished it. Lots of FT/LBS(465) for such a little bullet...as good as a .40. The range gets the 115gr UMCs.

Thats my little report.

Any know about any super high velocity 9mm? Good or Bad?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12