Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 11:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would just like to announce this:

Match One from the Company tournament from my very first "army combatives" lesson:

Pull guard====>Scissor sweep====>Mount====>Opponent rolls over====>Garbanzo Bean sees his chance, allows opponent to get on his knees====>Reverse Omoplata.

But no, seriously. Good job Army Combatives. You've taught me a lot.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 11:50pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice Aeso. Judo elbows FTW. I kick the knee to flatten my opponent when I miss all manner of other sweeps. Good stuff.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 10:26am

Style: BJJ blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An extra detail which I think is crucial is to get all the way onto your side, or even a little bit past that ( so that your belly is turned a little bit towards the floor). This way instead of pulling with your arms as much, you can arch your back as far as you need to to load the person on yor shin. When your you are on your back at all, the floor will stop you from arching as much as you need to.

My guard game is heavily based around the scissors sweep right now. I use the scissors sweep <--> x-choke combo all the time, and I have a few more combos depending on how people resist the sweep.

If they reach under the shin which I have across their belly, I put on other foot on their hip, scoot out, extend the leg that was across their belly, and take the triangle. Play whatever game you like from here.

Another common pass that people try off the scisoors sweep is to grab your bottom leg, and pin your top leg with thier shoulder. In this case I can frequently spin underneith them for the omoplata.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but i do not have access to a camera.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting to your side is important to a number of moves. A common beginning mistake is to be kind of on your side, but mostly on your back, while thinking you are turned far enough. If your shoulderblade is touching the mat when you think you are on your side... you aren't.

Posted On:
    9/27/2006 10:55am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good detail on setup and execution.

But, how do you defend your dummy's overwhelming motivation to give you an atomic wedgie in your Halloween underwear?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2006 10:13am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    Good stuff. The scissor sweep is the most fundamental important sweep to learn imo. Its the first one I learned and I always use it to this day.

Ricardo Liborio is known for hitting this on EVERYBODY. Rhadi Ferguson posted on MMA.TV that Liborio hits it on him. I don't think people realize the weight of that statement. I have felt Rhadi's passing game. It is as bad ass as you would expect from a Judo Olympian and BJJ black belt.
    Liborio is my main instructor. Funny how I didn't know this. I have actually never seen him roll live, but he is an awesome teacher. I'm going to have to ask him about this on Monday.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123