Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shelby Walker Passes Away

I don't see much talk here about female fighters, but this is pretty sad.
    I only met her once, and it was just in passing. I believe Anthony may have known her.
    My deepest sympathy to all of her friends and family.

...from her website...

Shelby Walker Passes Away
    Posted on 09.24.2006 at 04:03 PM

I just got the news a little while ago and I am numb. Shelby Walker was found dead - believed to have overdosed on some pain medication last night. This story is confirmed. She was a wonderful person who inspired many people. However she succumbed to personal demons. Shelby was loved and will be greatly missed by all that knew her.

i cant put into words the feeling I got this morning when I got the news.

I am praying for her and I hope that you all will be too. Shelby should be remembered as the fun loving beautiful person who was the life of any party and got to live her dream. There is so much about her life people never got to know. I had the privilege of managing her and befriending her and watching her fight 2 world champions and experienced with her the thrill of victory and agony of defeat.

I will be posting more info as we have it.

I know Shelby will be looking down on all of us from heaven.

God Bless.

Larry Goldberg

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/25/2006 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's really tragic. I just saw Anthony's bulletin in myspace on the subject. Yes, Anthony knew her from the ATT. I saw her fight once at the AFC Ft. Lauderdale back in February.

It's a terrible loss, and it's even sadder that it was due of an accidental dose of a medication. Sad endings like this don't make any sense. I can relate to such accidents somehow as my mother almost flipped once from an accidental overdose of albutherol (a common respiratory medication.)

Thus the loss must be even more confounding to her relatives. May she rest in peace.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris