Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:06pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get a two-on-one as in the squeeky voiced wrestling video. Lock their arm out straight and Drive your shoulder down on theirs to bend them over. Then jump up and trap their arm with your rear leg and roll into the reverse omoplata.

All Out of Bubblegum

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/28/2006 10:17pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOu might not have the upper body control you need - I know when I started, I couldn't do **** because my natural inclination was to try to muscle the guy my shoving his sholder back . . . this has the effect of getting you out at the ends of their arms . . . now I try to suck them in by bending my arms and moving laterally on the mat, looking to create a kind of whirlpool effect with them as the water and me as the middle. You might also do your throws the same way every time, ie you basically have a huge "tell" like tensing up or holding your breath...or always aggressing from the same side (that's mine) that makes you easier to counter then you should be.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 3:07pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll act like this video is related to the discussion so I can post it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWNYXwuE4Q4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWNYXwuE4Q4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    More helpful stuff:

Russians

If you're fighting a stiff-armed posture, these are essential, it seems. It took me a while to get the hang of snapping with the russian, turning back to pummel, snapping the other way, etc., but once I got to where I needed to be, Tani Otoshi and Yoko Gake are not far behind, (I am usually entering yoko gake deeper so if he high steps I can dive and scissor throw the other leg).
    Hmmm, what exactly do you mean by Russians???
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Tsun-Derrorist

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/29/2006 6:02pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shoulder snapping out of a necktie and capturing the arm is the accepted definition, but here I am using it to mean any time you redirect a stiffarm using a shouldersnap, as I used this to enter yoko gake.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Motorboatin SOB

Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/30/2006 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O soto gari should be rear corner, not straight back. That is the reason most people have problem with it.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123