Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 10:58am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed, like most kool-aid drinkers, hwarang 76 ran off as soon as he was faced with an overwhelming amount of evidence that contradicted his beliefs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 11:35am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I noticed, like most kool-aid drinkers, hwarang 76 ran off as soon as he was faced with an overwhelming amount of evidence that contradicted his beliefs.
    He did not run off. Either the drink's effect came into play and he is unable to respond (incapacitation, death, etc.) OR he had an sucessfull intervention and no longer belief the stuff and does TKD for chicks.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78
    He did not run off. Either the drink's effect came into play and he is unable to respond (incapacitation, death, etc.) OR he had an sucessfull intervention and no longer belief the stuff and does TKD for chicks.
    Or running over to Supreme Almighty GM Lee and telling on us which will prompt him into some sort of lawsuit. The WHRDA just tried to sue Farang Mu Sul group recently and was unsuccessful.....the pricks.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to go with Miguk on this one. The GM is probably monitoring the thread constantly and writing down all of our User Names so he can include them when he files the lawsuit.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DerAuslander108 = T3h Real Deal, so I am in no way arguing with him or attempting to contradict him. HOWEVER, I am still confused by this "TKD doesn't actually have that many kicks." If TKD doesn't have that many kicks, then what art does have a lot of kicks? Cause I can count 6 basic kicks. Each of those has a half dozen or so variations and pretty much cover every angle and configuration that you can throw a kick from. That doesn't even count silly kicks like Twist kicks that are kind of front kick/round kick variations. Hmmm... Savate does a lot of kicking, how many kicks do they have? I think I'm just confused by what counts as a "lot" of kicks.

Kintanon

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    DerAuslander108 = T3h Real Deal, so I am in no way arguing with him or attempting to contradict him. HOWEVER, I am still confused by this "TKD doesn't actually have that many kicks." If TKD doesn't have that many kicks, then what art does have a lot of kicks? Cause I can count 6 basic kicks. Each of those has a half dozen or so variations and pretty much cover every angle and configuration that you can throw a kick from. That doesn't even count silly kicks like Twist kicks that are kind of front kick/round kick variations. Hmmm... Savate does a lot of kicking, how many kicks do they have? I think I'm just confused by what counts as a "lot" of kicks.

Kintanon

This is easily answered. I am going to base my answer on hwarang 76's logic.
    Any art that is not Hwarang Do has fewer kicks. Hope that clears things up for you.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 12:56pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahhhh. Now I understand completely. Well in that case I offer this stinging rebutal.

TKD >> HWD! We have the mostest kix0rs!

Take THAT!

Kintanon

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 1:03pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The main TKD kicks are basically variations of the basic karate kicks; side, front, and round. Add on to that hooks. Everything else is just a variation on a theme, or seldom used, such as crescents, etc. If you look at the kicks found in the tuls/poomse/hyung...TKD has a smaller syllabus of kicks compared to Hwa Rang Do, Hapgido, or Guksul.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 1:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    The main TKD kicks are basically variations of the basic karate kicks; side, front, and round. Add on to that hooks. Everything else is just a variation on a theme, or seldom used, such as crescents, etc. If you look at the kicks found in the tuls/poomse/hyung...TKD has a smaller syllabus of kicks compared to Hwa Rang Do, Hapgido, or Guksul.
    That would be true.

Posted On:
    10/24/2006 1:18pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any chance you can link me to some of the GukSul, HRD, or Hapgido syllabi so I can check out what kind of kicks they're using that I'm not? Once you get, Front, Round, Side, Crescent, Hook, Axe and all their variations I have a hard time thinking of any other ways to kick.

Thanks!
    Kintanon

Edit: Wow, according to this page, http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/styles/hwarangdo.htm ,hwarangdo has 365 individual kicks. Even if I do Front Leg, Back Leg, Jump front leg, jump back leg, jump reverse front and back, jump spin front and back, I'm still hard pressed to come up with more than 50 kicks, even If I dump Twist kick in there I only end up with 54 kicks, and if you can do a jump spin Twist kick and not break your knee you've got one up on me....
    Last edited by Kintanon; 10/24/2006 1:25pm at .
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast