Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 10:41am

Style: Kissaki Kai/Shotokan/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to weigh in with my first post here. This Velez dude is on crack. One doesn't need to be a 9th Dan to realize that this guys is an intermediate/ mediocre martial artist. I know - I'm one too. I am a 3rd degree in monkey flying kempo, 5th degree is Canadian Bronze Age Jujitsu, and a 6th degree in Old Country Buffet - just like him.

When will these guys learn that it is easy to spot a fake, and although difficult to prove it, sometimes they make it too easy.

My favorite thing about the video is that he doesn't even bend his knees. Hi - second class materials here. Here's my tip for the day (with the understanding that I generally want to punch anyone who identifies themselves as a master if they don't immediately seem worthy of that title) - when filming a video, a martial arts master should BEND HIS KNEES!!!

If you're reading this Master Velez - it is never too late to repent. Just stop faking and be who you are. There's no shame in it. You're still valueable as a person.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 11:17am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappello View Post

If you're reading this Master Velez - it is never too late to repent. Just stop faking and be who you are. There's no shame in it. You're still valueable as a person.
    Glass half full kind of guy huh?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernoob View Post
    Glass half full kind of guy huh?
    Yeah what does he know! He's only a 6th Dan in Old Country Buffet. Velez is a 15th Dan! I bet gcappello doesn't know the bunkai of the Dessert Kata.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    10/26/2011 2:52pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere View Post
    Yeah what does he know! He's only a 6th Dan in Old Country Buffet. Velez is a 15th Dan! I bet gcappello doesn't know the bunkai of the Dessert Kata.
    Old Country buffet, phffff! I been doin' hardcore training at Golden Corral, ****'s about to get real!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:30am

Style: Kissaki Kai/Shotokan/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True I am only a 6th Dan at OCB. At least I didn't buy my certificate. I went to the actual restaurant three days a week and ate until I almost puked. It was real training you assholes. I studied under Ronald McDonald, the Burger King, and Count Chocula. And I'm going to post my real name unlike you guys. I'm real. I do the real martial arts. The rest of you are just pretending. Golden Corral sucks! It just not effective on the street. Yeah with rules and a referee but OCB is street tested.

(I am a glass half full kind of guy! I feel bad for this velez guy Who hasn't bought a black belt certificate or two? I mean yeah it disrespects everything we sweat and bleed for, but hey what the hell - if you have a spare $200 why not be a master in every style.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 4:38am

Style: 'Grapplin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcappello View Post

(I am a glass half full kind of guy! I feel bad for this velez guy Who hasn't bought a black belt certificate or two? I mean yeah it disrespects everything we sweat and bleed for, but hey what the hell - if you have a spare $200 why not be a master in every style.)
    This actually reminded me that im not just mocking this fat ****, I actually hate what he's doing.

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 8:48am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Makes me want to sell fake rank certificates, but with a subtle watermark, or tiny writing in a border that confirms that whoever buys one is both a no-talent liar and a douchebag.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 9:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Makes me want to sell fake rank certificates, but with a subtle watermark, or tiny writing in a border that confirms that whoever buys one is both a no-talent liar and a douchebag.
    I'll take one, but only if you can get it co-signed by a high ranking ninja.

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 10:26am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin View Post
    I'll take one, but only if you can get it co-signed by a high ranking ninja.
    Sure. Do you want Takamatsu or Hattori Hanzo?

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    10/27/2011 10:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Sure. Do you want Takamatsu or Hattori Hanzo?
    Which one would go over big with the chicks? If I'm lying, I'm trying to get laid!
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23 LastLast