Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 10:01am

Style: Muay thai - Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We could probably say the same things for Antonio Inoki. He was also precursor in MMA in my opinion, but instead of talking, he acted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 10:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vale Tudo competitions existed way before Bruce Lee was even born?

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 2:35pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    Bruce's fighting ability (or lack of) does not diminish teh impact he had on the MA world. Face it, MMA probably would not exist if not for Bruce laying teh foundations. In many ways MMA is the ultimate evolution of JKD - I think Bruce would approve.
    I'm so sick of this damn argument. Look, UFC started as a way to prove the Gracie's ability to dominate everyone who lacked a ground game. It wasn't "Bruce Lee said we needed to fight for real."

MMA evolved due to fighters realizing that they needed to train in multiple things, AND from regulations and laws that kept being forced upon it. It didn't evolve from people saying "Bruce Lee thought we should do it this way."

Dagon :pity:

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, your need to over-debate the late Mr. Lee is proof to my guess, that an anonymous and honest poll with the question "did Bruce Lee influence your interest in martial arts" would show a pretty high (i.e. overwhelming) number of "yes" answers.
    Whether you ended up doing BJJ or LARPing, MOST of you started off with B. Lee movie posters on your walls.
    My guess.
    I took them down a long time ago.
    Seriously.
    Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce lee had nothing to do with my taking up training, neither did it factor in any of the people I train with. Bruce Lee is more of an inspiration to people who don't know much about martial arts so they repeat what they hear on tv or in books/magazines.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 3:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cro Cop made me want to take up martial arts seriously. Van Damme made Cro Cop begin martial arts. I'm a big fan of Van Damme. Therefore I don't give a damn about Bruce Lee.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2007 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Fuckin A. I try to do bullshido a favor and look at the ignorant ass bullshit I have to put up with now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aky-PLIEBQA
    This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Heirs of Bruce Lee & Concord Moon LP because its content was used without permission.

(Cause $$$$$$$$$$$ rules the schools, yo.)
    Last edited by polishillusion; 1/06/2007 3:57pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 2:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure of your actual motive for/response to the question, "Is there actual footage video of Bruce Lee fighting?" but, years ago, a half hour TV interview with Lee was rumoured to have existed, but to have been lost. Years later, that "lost interview," finally surfaced. Now people cross hairs about it's title, "The Lost Interview." It's not lost, they argue. unaware of the reason for it's title. The same was rumoured of footage of the last film he was working on. Footage we now have. There are rumours of lost film footage of Lee in actual combat. Every so often, a picture of one of those clips will surface.

For example, http://images.google.com/images?ndsp...ce+lee+footage (the image of him squaring off with someone -not the one-inch punch image also on the hereinabove link). Perhaps one day more will be found. Perhaps not.

It's a difficult thing, given how rare footage of any real full competition for that period is. That along with the fact that Lee was practicing full contact and grappling at a time in American Martial Arts competition when neither were the norm. Grappling was not practiced in popular competition and very light or no contact were the basis of winning most mainstream matches. Add to that that it appears that Lee did not compete extensively, if at all; citing it's detrimental effect on training for the realism he so adamantly stood for.

Personally, I believe that if he were alive today, and in his prime, and if he were to compete in today's mixed martial arts environment, he would do as well as a Matt Hughes, if not better. Though I doubt he'd be competing - he was big on real combat.

Unbeatable? Who knows? Who cares? If it could be proven he was/is unbeatable, he'd still have his detractors! So that in the end, what is ubeatable is the simple fact that just as in so many other areas of life "you can never please anyone," such is the case here.

Nevertheless, thank you for challenging me to, "Think on These Things" (Kahlil Gibran), though. I've ended up realizing that regardless of Bruce Lee's fans or detractors intents, by taking my own extra mile, researching my own experience, thinking things through, I'm either wiser for it, or unexpectedly in possesion of a gem I can apply in my life. I find myself back at Lee's "Using no way as a way, having no limitation as a limitation," once more. Thankyou...
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516