Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 8:49am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    After TUF3 I'm going to assume Tito has enough of a brain to watch Chuck's tapes and figure out what not to do. If he develops adequate striking defence and makes Chuck wiff his shots for the first two rounds he could probably catch him with a takedown when he tires out. The problem is that those first couple of rounds will be the most boring MMA fight I can conceive of.
    Teh Ant1 Str1k1ng?!

I cant see that happening unless Tito climbs up the cage and hides there. He will get knocked out no matter what he tries. Chuck has become a master at his game, which is fighting wrestlers and knocking them out. Its getting quite boring which is why I wanted to see him fight someone who wouldnt be afraid of meeting him in the standup. Someone like Silva. Dana actually had the nerve to say Silva "didnt deserve" a shot against Chuck because of his last loss. Well then, why not have Chuck fight Cro Cop? That would be logical right, since he was the winner. No, of course that would never happen because Chuck would be humiliated.

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yodaman
    Yesterday, a lot of this was explained on a Sirrius radio show.

Basically Dana BSes his way around why the Silva fight didn't happen, argues with the PRIDE rep, and ducks when the PRIDE rep suggests Silvia vs. Fedor. And two grown men act like total idiots.

As for TitoxChuck II- I've got the title. UFC 65- "WHO THE HELL CARES?"
    Who is that guy who hosts that show with the annoying voice? Does anyone actually think that **** is funny?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 9:20am

Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    Who is that guy who hosts that show with the annoying voice? Does anyone actually think that **** is funny?
    I think that's why he's on sattelite radio.

Favorite quotes- Dana has the balls to suggest UFC fighters make more than PRIDE ones because he adds in all their sponsorship deals. Considering some of the sponsors PRIDE gets, if you add those in...

Jerry, the PRIDE rep suggests Silvia vs. Fedor and says what we're all thinking, that the fight would last 20 seconds. Dana ducks.

('._.)

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 9:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And when Jerry was trying to make a point that the Pride´s smallest shows, Bushido is actually a lot bigger than UFCs biggest show just after Dana said "they owned the market" or something. Dana just kept interupting him probably because the truth hurt him too much. What a fag.

Chemist

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that's really lame
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 4:51pm

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "Silva doesn't deserve a shot"-excuse becomes even more hilarious when you consider what Tito has done to deserve his shot: eeking out a controversial decision against Forrest Griffin, and beating up a guy who should have retired ages ago and couldn't even get past the first round against his two previous opponents. It wouldn't hurt to mention Tito winning yet another controversial, super close decision against Vitor, who got schooled twice by mid level PRIDE fighter Alistair Overeem. This must be, by far, the easiest, most lenient path to a title shot in the history of MMA.

Chuck will beat Tito again, and the UFC will have to bring in Quinton Jackson to make the division interesting again.

EDIT: I don't mean any disrespect toward Griffin or Belfort, they are both good fighters, but in any strong division, you would have to beat better fighters than that in order to get a title shot.
    Last edited by PoleFighter; 9/23/2006 4:59pm at .
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 5:47pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck is the UFC posterboy, so obviously Dana won't put him in with any talent. Dana sees Chuck as the gateway for non MMA fans to come and watch. Watch this "phenom" knock out opponent after opponent. I stopped caring about the HW division a long time ago, now I stopped caring about LHW.

Personally, I still think the UFC is worth something. The WW and MW divisions are enjoyable, and I think the LW division can really break through and be the most interesting one.

Dana isn't going to feed Chuck to a Pride guy until Pride becomes bigger in the US. It isn't logical from a business stand point. If Pride became as popular in the US as the UFC is then perhaps he would as that would be one of the biggest shows.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 9:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are smoking crack. "The UFC sucks." Whatever.

The truth is this is one of the most exciting times ever to be a UFC fan. A prime time show, a PPV a month, new talent coming up (GSP, A. Silva, Griffin...), 155 coming back, and some really exciting fights. In the next couple UFCs alone we have The Crow v. Swick, A. Silva v. Franklin, Hughes v Pen.

I mean, I'm not saying you don't have some valid points. UFC does tend to recycle a lot of match-ups. No one wants to see Silvia-Arlovski 4-8. Heh. But Tito-Chuck II really isn't that bad. And if Tito has planned accordingly it should be an entertaining fight. And if he get's KTFO in the first round... well, that's actually pretty damn entertaining too.

Hughes-Gracie was exciting, if short. Arlovski-Silvia II was the same. Sure, some other headline fights have been snoozers, or dissappointing ref stoppages. But the undercards have been pretty cool. Who's gonna tell me all of Swicks fights ain't fun to watch? Silva-Leben? Come on! That was awesome.

Forget about rivalry with Pride. Pride's great, and they have the money. But the UFC is coming up. And so are the fighters. Emilianko (sp?) v Silvia? Ha! We all know how that would come out. But so what? There's lots of exciting stuff happening in the UFC.

Now, put on some damn shorts, Shonie!

Martial and Sexual Artist

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 5:07am

supporting member
     Style: standup to ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm loving the UFC right now, without any love lost to Pride. Today's show was great, saw it live. I plan on seeing the next 4 or 5 live unless Sony has other plans.

No doubt Chuck is the posterboy but I think a lot of people could fill that "gap bridging roll" really. nothing special about chuck outside of his record.

I don't think there needs to be any Pride versus UFC stuff. Why not enjoy and love both? Same goes for shooto and KOTC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 8:14am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the UFC is doing fine, they are just protecting their marketable guys. It is a necessary evil to push the brand. You can't bring in new fans or casual fans if the title changes every other fight. Someone needs to be on the posters.

I do think the fights in Pride are better but they are never on tv. I can find something UFC any night of the week on basic cable, I stumble across the occasional recap of Pride fights of FSN at diferent times. They need more coverage.

(A brief woohoo! that I can post from work now. Maybe I can up my very sad post count.)
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast