Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 6:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Much of the Buj stuff demonstrated in these videos is punch defence, which hardly chimes with your theory...
    Not punch defence, lunge punch defence. :icon_boun

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 9:31am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartialArtN00b
    Edit: while the grip is different in this clip, and theres no kick. Arguably the kick is to bring his head down. And the judoka already had his head down. The lock is the same (elbow lock). So the technique in this video demonstrate about the same principle.
    It's not really the same lock. The judo tech used leverage on the back of the elbow to force the opponent down, whereas the ninja held the wrist in place with his hand, stepped back and prayed the arm stayed locked out. Quite a bit of difference, because against the ninja, you are only being pulled down by a hand on your shoulder as opposed having someone's bodyweight on top of your elbow joint. Someone pulls your shoulder and you can step forward still. So the ninja assumes that his opponent will not just step forward (and possibly around to the back), because he "won't have presence of mind"? That's weak and you know it. This technique (like the rest of the BBT) falls into the same trap as _ing _un, by assuming that your are fighting someone who doesn't know what the hell he is doing (not to mention, never reacts to what you do). In that case, why bother training at all?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 10:19am

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bodar
    It's not really the same lock. The judo tech used leverage on the back of the elbow to force the opponent down, whereas the ninja held the wrist in place with his hand, stepped back and prayed the arm stayed locked out. Quite a bit of difference, because against the ninja, you are only being pulled down by a hand on your shoulder as opposed having someone's bodyweight on top of your elbow joint. Someone pulls your shoulder and you can step forward still. So the ninja assumes that his opponent will not just step forward (and possibly around to the back), because he "won't have presence of mind"? That's weak and you know it. This technique (like the rest of the BBT) falls into the same trap as _ing _un, by assuming that your are fighting someone who doesn't know what the hell he is doing (not to mention, never reacts to what you do). In that case, why bother training at all?

did you even watch that whole technique video, he makes a point and demonstrates about 3 times too NOT DO exactly what you described, the kick is too get the person leaning forward and then the pressure is applied allmost downwards ontop of the shoulder, watch again and you tell me you can step forward while thats being done properly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 11:43am

Style: none currently, ex-TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched it three times while typing that last post actually. I still don't see why the attacker (henceforth known as the "dummy") could not step forward with his left leg, preferably in towards the ninja to unstraighten his arm. He doesn't even try, just like a good dummy. The ninja's foot is on the right hip of the dummy "keeping it back" what exactly stops him from moving his left leg forward to stop his ridiculous fall? Oh that's right, it's the fact that he's not supposed to.

About all it's got going for it is the fact that no one expects you to do it. Which I guess is the whole point. It relies on the fact that your opponent will be so dumbfounded ("WTF is the guy doing?") that he will not react like anyone would: "I am falling, let me put a foot forward to stop myself." But now we are back to the same argument as on the biting/gouging thread regarding high-percentage moves versus low-percentage.

You can go back to LARPing now, unless you'd like to provide video of this move working on a resisting opponent in live sparring (preferably someone not drinking the same Kool-Aid that you are). We've just seen one of the judo armlock working in such an environment. Although I guess the difference between you and people who dress up like elves throwing beanbag-fireballs in the woods is that one of you at least knows it's only happening in the fantasy world.

:ninjadanc
    Last edited by bodar; 9/23/2006 11:45am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 12:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ninja's foot is on the right hip of the dummy "keeping it back" what exactly stops him from moving his left leg forward to stop his ridiculous fall?

the leg is not held there, he is just stopping at that part for demonstration purposes, in the actual technique it would be a swift kick too double the person over and then straight down with the same movement as the kicking leg is retracted, along with the pressure on the shoulder.

as for the rest of your post, come up with something original you fucking shitparrot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 1:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Way to go shinobi jebus! How would they understand Shinden Fudo ryu anyway?

By the way the other day I watched one of my friends BJJ training tapes. The guy was busy demonstrating a ground control method. He mentioned not to move in a certain way otherwise you will hurt the assailants neck. What a load of ****.

MA for entertainment. I say again...... all must study what they want. Not everybody will be top fighters.

So the ones that do not like the X-kans why are U always busy burning your pee brains with it.

Carry on with your happy lives.

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 1:19pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    He fought in Shooto Japan and I think he fought under a pseudonym.
    What was the pseudonym and what was his record?
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok ill see if i can get in contact with him on kutaki and draw his attention too this thread, i seriously doubt he will waste his time with this though.

edit: cant seem too find the pm option anymore but his email is bkrninpo@aol.com
    if anyone cares too send him a polite email.
    Last edited by shinobi_jebus; 9/23/2006 1:43pm at .

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 2:06pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Bujinkan, and Ninjitsu in general, will never have the same level of respect as most contact martial arts until videos like these cease to exist.

These are dead drills and should be able to work against a resisting opponent. I have a hard time imagining that any of these would work against a resisting opponent. Numerous problems have already been pointed out by other members.

Hopefully this isn't the same way most Ninjitsu practitioners on this thread train? Why not simply add a level of aliveness to the drill and prove its effectiveness that way? It could certainly be attempted with MMA Training gloves and demonstrate how effective these patterns really are.

Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 2:10pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni9
    Way to go shinobi jebus! How would they understand Shinden Fudo ryu anyway?

By the way the other day I watched one of my friends BJJ training tapes. The guy was busy demonstrating a ground control method. He mentioned not to move in a certain way otherwise you will hurt the assailants neck. What a load of ****.

MA for entertainment. I say again...... all must study what they want. Not everybody will be top fighters.

So the ones that do not like the X-kans why are U always busy burning your pee brains with it.

Carry on with your happy lives.
    The condescending tone does nothing to prove anything.
    First, remember Japanese indigenous kata (Not karate) are movement drills not applications. I have discussed this not only with BJK people but koryu and even aikido people. Now I have found some kata that traslate great into application. Now the takedown part of Gekkan is a technique call Hiki Otoshi. The arm is straightened out using a wrist lock call take ori. To help make it so that the opponent will fall forward and not roll out of it or step, as you will forward on the shoulder you push back on the wrist creating a lever like motion. I don't do this technique very often in an alive setting, I will test it out specificly if the opponent can step forward when this is applied.
    Also keep in mind that these 'unarmed techniques were developed in armor. I put unarmed in quotes as they were never designed (well all except for Takagi Yoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu) as bare hand fighting. They were closer to ancient CQC where you were trying to deal with the opponent until you could get at your auxiliary weapon(s). Think of this kata with a person wearing a 10-20 helmet and a total of about 80 lbs of armor. To those that say we don't wear armor any more. That is why at my dojo these type of kata are in my Classical Kata class.
    Last edited by shinbushi; 9/23/2006 2:29pm at . Reason: Additional comments
Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast