Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 11:42pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    His sucess in professional fights probably has more to do with being a black belt in Kosen Judo and training MMA under Enson Inoue.

Do these technqies work on a mobile, activly resisting partner? The video demonstrates dead patterns.
    What orgs has he fought in? I couldn't find a thing on him outside of buj related stuff.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 12:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He fought in Shooto Japan and I think he fought under a pseudonym.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 4:28am

Style: Ex-TKD, Ex-Taijitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know what his record was?

What really baffles me is why someone who has studied Judo or MMA would show any interest in Ninjitsu, or bother to train people in that dead manner. I studied at the Bujinkan because I didn't know any better, and after four years of training in exactly the same manner as the poor fools in this video, I had a black belt that was completely worthless.

Bujinkan training left me with standup skills that were inferior to TKD yellow belts, throwing techniques that wouldn't do a thing against good Judoka, and ground skills that would get me mauled by BJJ white belts.

Of course, while I was learning Taijitsu, I had no exposure to good martial arts, so I had no idea how bad my training was. Why someone who has competed in Shooto would bother with that nonsense is beyond me, unless he's just out to make money in th easiest manner possible. :cwm21:

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 5:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why? And why does none of the Buj stuff I can find on him say what it is?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 5:48am

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe you could pm him on kutaki and ask him yourself.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 6:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: choy lee fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick crazy thought that should probably be quickly disregarded but you know how u guys say that a lot of the buj techniques would never work against a resisting oponent do you guys think that a lot of these techniques were never meant to work against a resisting oponent. Wasn't the whole purpose of ninjutsu to catch someone by surprise or off guard and kill them in the cheapest most dishonorable way possible were as the samurai learned an art like jujitsu which was more based on fighting resisting oponents in honorable one on one combat. Well anyways what do u guys think should I shut the hell up?

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 6:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Why? And why does none of the Buj stuff I can find on him say what it is?
    He didn't want to bring shame on the bujinkan if he lost.

To Japolo; I think he started off in Bujinkan before doing shooto, I don't know when the Judo came into it. Maybe he just can't let the bujinkan stuff go?

And I share your view Japolo. My black belt is worthless, my grappling didn't do a thing against Judo white belts and the striking system is silly and doesn't hold a candle to boxing or muay thai.

Here you go boys, all the ninjitsu you could want:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81773413533729

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 6:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_jebus
    maybe you could pm him on kutaki and ask him yourself.
    I don't seem to be able to PM, possibly you have to make a certain number of posts. Rather than spam their board could someone who has an active account over there possibly do it?

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 6:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTiger
    Just a quick crazy thought that should probably be quickly disregarded but you know how u guys say that a lot of the buj techniques would never work against a resisting oponent do you guys think that a lot of these techniques were never meant to work against a resisting oponent. Wasn't the whole purpose of ninjutsu to catch someone by surprise or off guard and kill them in the cheapest most dishonorable way possible were as the samurai learned an art like jujitsu which was more based on fighting resisting oponents in honorable one on one combat. Well anyways what do u guys think should I shut the hell up?
    Much of the Buj stuff demonstrated in these videos is punch defence, which hardly chimes with your theory...

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 6:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTiger
    I wouldn't say never work, laws of probability would state that even the lamest aikido wristlock would have to work at least once in all the t3h str33t fights in the world. Low percentage, yes I woould say that. Sorry, maybe I'm being pedantic. What was the question again?...Oh, yeah. Assuming the bujinkan's history is true, most of the hand to hand techs come from other schools that aren't ninjitsu. However I don't think it would make a lot of sense to say "hey, we can afford to train in technques that are hard to pull of, becuase we use surpirse, poision, dirty tracks ect. Kind of like saying "we are such 1337 marksman, we use **** rifles in our army"

Maybe nobody knew any better? Maybe it used to be t3h r34l? Maybe you have to use these lower percentage technqiues when dressed in armour? Maybe Hannibal has the real _ing _un? Such are the mysteries of the universe.
Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast