Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 3:03pm

Style: wah lum kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, the fat man, at least he looked it in that video, didnt have a chance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 3:45pm

Style: Bujinkan, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    I dont think the clip really proves anything, except that John Hess was clearly outclassed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 5:24pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you disagreeing with me? Or ?

-DW

PS. This is a somewhat awkward question to ask -- simliar to asking you if you are, indeed, a complete fuckwit...
    Last edited by dweidman; 12/20/2006 5:27pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 6:17pm

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I right in guessing that you posted that video after this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by dweidman
    You are a complete retard if you believe going into beserker mode levels the playing field with a much stronger opponent.
    Because the guy in your video didn't look stronger...he was just taller and fat, but he didn't look stronger...in fact, the guy that won looked stronger...

Unless that was your point and you were actually agreeing...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 7:43am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Okay...I watched them because my entire family is asleep, I had spent my whole day up until almost 8pm at work and I'm bored. (and a little grumpy)

What do you think of them Virus?
    To me they look more like free-play then sparring, where one person is being nominated attacker, moving and lashing out at random but not really preoccupied with completely protecting themselves (to remain fully commited). we do something like this at our dojo in pressure testing but I also like just normal sparring for a number of reasons...
    Apart from the attacker not really covering, and getting hit a lot, I think it isnt all that bad from the other guys end... I've seen worse...and not just in the BJK.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/21/2006 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJK Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dweidman
    What part of my post did you disagree with. Away doesn't mean "backwards".

As to you assertion - I know of no faster way to eat the matt then to be aggressive against a much stronger opponent with experience. You are a complete retard if you believe going into beserker mode levels the playing field with a much stronger opponent.

Bleh.

-DW
    Who said anything about berserker mode? Shizzle my shikinharamitsu switch to decafe.

Posted On:
    4/10/2007 10:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I went to UMA

Quote Originally Posted by Japolo
    Ok, I'll bite. I first learned to suck at Martial Arts in Columbia, MD, at the United Martial Arts academy, run by Will Maier. It was a pretty successful McDojo, up until Will and Julie Maier, who were both running the school, had a divorce. This happened after I had already left for college, so I don't know the details firsthand, but apparently it wasn't pretty.

I don't think he has a school now, the most recent link I could find on google was this.
    And that hasn't been updated since 2004, and the connecting link, ninjaseminars.com is up for sale.
    I'm new to this forum and I stumbled upon Will Maier's name from a random Google search. I attended his dojo from the late 80's to early 90's when I received my Black Belt. I had left the dojo just around the time the divorce was getting hairy (yet another reason to leave and never return). I enrolled in Scott Teague's Academy (I was always pleased with his style of instuction as I had known him before he got his black belt (he taught me my introductory course at UMA when he was still a red w/2 black stripes or something like that). I recall other excellent instructors leaving UMA for various reasons, though Maier was a significant factor. To the author of the above post, if you can PM me (as I cannot send PM's ATM) I can elaborate on my experiences more. As I have never encountered someone from UMA since my departure in the 90's, I'd be curious to hear some of your experiences and stories.