Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139 140141142 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 6:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since this thread isn't really going anywhere I thought I might troll for a bit, just untill proper discussion comes back. I'd like to share this post from a kungfu forum:

Wingtsun hands do VERY well on the ground,
    to discount hands in groundfighting??,chop off your arms and try to ground fight,I don't see where you're coming from,if you study WT/WC and you don't see the chi sao applications on the ground you're missing out......
    Bujinkan just does not train the arms to
    be as sensitive as WT/WC.
    I have a very good friend(built like Tank Abbott) who has trained years in Bujinkan,his skill is pretty **** good and I like the way they use their body positioning in their throws and take downs,but against a 10th student grade WT guy he was frustrated
    over and over again trying to get into position,he could never close without taking multible blows,even when he was invited to the ground to start,the WT guy in the guard,chi sao worked very good in that situation,so hands do mean sh_t on the ground.
    But in saying that I still have alot of respect for the Bujikan guys,
    I belive they have nine main schools of study,
    And I belive they have elements in the system.Water,fire,earth and some others,can't recall the rest.
    Taijutsu being one of the schools(forgot the others),is the Taijutsu the bone breaking one?
    They are required to havea working knowledge of the japanese language and a good insight to the systems history,Mark Normans over the Bujinkan school here,I like to razz him alot,its all in good fun though.
    I understand you guys have a long history.
    Very rich style indeed :)
    Good deal,Bujinkan is a great Combat art born
    from the battle field,if I were to cross train
    in a ground fighting art I would go for
    Hatsumi's style, hands down over the BJJ
    types because EVERYTHING goes in Bujinkan as opposed to the rules and sport aspect of the
    popular NHB matches these days
    By the way,they can say what they want,I don't
    train for the ring,you got to spar and we do
    but combat is survival.
    Cage matches are what they are,should be called
    some holds barred (SHB) or alot of holds barred
    (AHB) :D

Thank you. Please resume normal discussion.
    Last edited by Virus; 12/18/2006 6:16am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 7:38am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin-nite
    firstly, i didnt bring it up, you guys asked for proof, constantly. i stated where you can get it. secondaly, if you want it so badly, why are you not going and asking for it. i never entered this forum stating i have certain things, you guys kept on going at it wanting evidence, now, i tell you where you can get it and now all you can do is complain. i dont need to see it, i was there. at the end of the day, i know i am speaking the truth, if you want to believe otherwise, let that be your bliss. on the point of responding, if i said that your MA was not valid, wouldnt you stand firm and say it is? maybe you do have vids, maybe you dont. who knows. fact is, i wouldnt be that disrespectful to you. i have stated that i have no reason to disbelieve you.
    the vids have me fighting in kumite, there are 2. if you want to see the techniques being used in koga, then purchase the vid from the site. (oh, wait, that means you will see something and that might end your arguement all together?)
    man what is it with you...you issue challanges where people need to fork out a **** load of money to meet it, now you tell people you have a fight video but they need to purchase it to see it.

Man go away...you say you came on here to give input but so far all I have seen you talk is a truck load of ****. Your'ea a badass you say? Yay, good for you. we are all trembling in the might that is the koga...unless you have something interesting to add, bugger off and go do something useful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 7:46am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL...man. Virus. where do you dig up this stuff...

I have a very good friend(built like Tank Abbott) who has trained years in Bujinkan,his skill is pretty **** good and I like the way they use their body positioning in their throws and take downs,but against a 10th student grade WT guy he was frustrated
    over and over again trying to get into position,he could never close without taking multible blows,even when he was invited to the ground to start,the WT guy in the guard,chi sao worked very good in that situation,so hands do mean sh_t on the ground.
    Interesting...muqatil, deadbolt, correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought the whole fight would have been awkward because if the bujinkan guy was training as he should, he would be maintaining distance in the sparring session, leaving a gap for the WC guy to come into. BJK in straight forward confrontation is usually an offensive game through defence. In other words he should be waiting for an attack before countering...sounds more like in this case the BJK guy was doing all the attacking while the WC guy stood there looking pretty.

Oh and for the record...I'd rather be built like Mike Kerr then Tank Abbott.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 9:05am

Style: koga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rubber, maybe you misunderstood. so here it is in plain english
    if you want video of me fighting contact shihan paul bothma, he can vouch for me and has it on tape.
    with regards to the koga techniques which was asked about and is a different point altogether, you can get it from his site.
    as for issueing challenges, you KNOW WHY it was issued to you.

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 11:49am

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin-nite
    rubber, maybe you misunderstood. so here it is in plain english
    if you want video of me fighting contact shihan paul bothma, he can vouch for me and has it on tape.
    with regards to the koga techniques which was asked about and is a different point altogether, you can get it from his site.
    as for issueing challenges, you KNOW WHY it was issued to you.
    If you're not gonna present your own evidence then stfu because nobody cares about the opinions of a bitch.
    I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 12:40pm

Style: koga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and if you are too scared to find out the truth then i think your boyfriend is waiting in the bedroom with a tub of vaseline.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 1:22pm

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good comeback. They're all scared because they expect you, rightly so, to provide evidence for crap that you have claimed. Bravo.

In case you missed it, that was sarcasm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 1:27pm

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Tanto
    Interesting...muqatil, deadbolt, correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought the whole fight would have been awkward because if the bujinkan guy was training as he should, he would be maintaining distance in the sparring session, leaving a gap for the WC guy to come into. BJK in straight forward confrontation is usually an offensive game through defence. In other words he should be waiting for an attack before countering...sounds more like in this case the BJK guy was doing all the attacking while the WC guy stood there looking pretty.

Oh and for the record...I'd rather be built like Mike Kerr then Tank Abbott.
    Actually, you still should be able to attack. BJK isn't all defensive. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to initiate an attack. This is something that I worked on with my instructor in the past, and still try to work into my training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 6:19pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqatil
    Actually, you still should be able to attack. BJK isn't all defensive. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to initiate an attack. This is something that I worked on with my instructor in the past, and still try to work into my training.
    That sounds familiar... ;-)

hehehe... :)

-DW

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 6:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the stuff out there is defence though, so it's understandable that there may be problems in that regard for some people.