Registered Member

Manhattan Beach, California, United States

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 1:26pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Tanto
    no lunge punches during randori I'm glad to say. But in our dojo, we believe the lunge punch is a training tool when practicing kata as in it is like the uke becomes an anatomically correct punching bag for you to practice targeting and strike...We learn that the strikes you do as Tori (including punches, blocks etc...) are the more realistic movements

on strikes... well I've used shutos in randori (say on the offchance I flank to the outside and have the back of the neck as a target, but not that often) I have never seen or used shishinken in randori and to be honest we don't train those kinds of strikes all that much. On the boshikens, funny you ask that because andrew, one of the 3rd kyus managed to get me with a really good one under my arm and in my armpit during randori on Monday night.
    Craig said to me, "did he just get you with a boshiken?" I nodded and Craig laughed...wether that laugh was because its rare to get one through or because he could see on my face that the mother fuckers nail had dug into my armpit and hurt like a fucker, I am not sure.
    You kind of made my point. you probably did the shutos or Boshiken with something similar to a boxing delivery system. Which is how many shinken gata look. That is taking applications from the basic kata or ryu-ha gata and using them in an alive environment. That is not the same as using unchanged Bujinkan techniques in randori. Movement, principles, other lessons learned in the kata, yes but not the basic kata. I use ura shuto all the time in sparring, I like a hook ura shuto (Same hand) combo. Also for tsukami waza I will bet that Nage waza, torigata and gyaku don't look like the kata either. Unless you are using them as counter techniques (Kaishi waza).

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    12/15/2006 2:09pm

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin-nite
    i have told you to go to shihan bothma because he has the footage of me fighting. i have given you the answer
    if anybody is dodging anything, it is you. what is stopping you from going. you want to see it, go get it.
    by the way, werent you the guy that said he was 10th dan?
    If the footage of you fighting was any good you'd want it for yourself. You should have already asked for it long before anybody else did. You're a ***** and you're the one dodging, nobody else.
    I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:22am

Style: BJK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Do you still do kihon, san shin? Becuase if you now train MMA I don't really see the point of doing that stuff. Unless it's for preserving the "art" of it or something?
    Hi Virus

We train Kihon Happo but not sanshin as you know it, nobody in my Dojo knows the 5 kata as a grouping. If you said to a black belt at our school show me Chi No Kata they wouldn't know what you are talking about.

I don't see Sanshin as anything other than a distance correction tool. And thats the place i teach Sanshin from as a way of correcting distance using footwork on the go . Not so much as Sanshin number one etc or as a warmup drill. Not that i have anything against that, just not how i do it.

hope this helps

also i see your unable to train at the moment , hope all is well and that 2007 is a good year for you on the mats

Craig

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Tanto

On the boshikens, funny you ask that because andrew, one of the 3rd kyus managed to get me with a really good one under my arm and in my armpit during randori on Monday night. Craig said to me, "did he just get you with a boshiken?" I nodded and Craig laughed...wether that laugh was because its rare to get one through or because he could see on my face that the mother fuckers nail had dug into my armpit and hurt like a fucker, I am not sure.
    i laughed because it hurt and i find other people being in pain funny , sorry but i'm unstable that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 4:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    You kind of made my point. you probably did the shutos or Boshiken with something similar to a boxing delivery system. Which is how many shinken gata look. That is taking applications from the basic kata or ryu-ha gata and using them in an alive environment. That is not the same as using unchanged Bujinkan techniques in randori. Movement, principles, other lessons learned in the kata, yes but not the basic kata. I use ura shuto all the time in sparring, I like a hook ura shuto (Same hand) combo. Also for tsukami waza I will bet that Nage waza, torigata and gyaku don't look like the kata either. Unless you are using them as counter techniques (Kaishi waza).

the basic rule at my school with sparring is that you can only go as fast as you are able to take the training with you, if you can only do it properly at half pace (cause thats where you are) then you train at half pace.

My thinking is that over time people are able to find their way to fast moving spontanious BJK movement. The last thing i want is kata done one way and sparring done another , may as well do two martial arts then IMHO.

an excellent example of this is Karate or TKD technical movemants move one way and then sparring is bouncing around skipping in and out, i hate that ****.

If you can only do this well at half speed then be patient and keep training, it's just your not there yet is all, no need to throw it away for a short term fix. It's not a race and most people ar able to get there.

Our way is quite honestly a longer way and that's fine by me.

although a lot of this hinges around Shinden Fudo Ryu striking methods as opposed to Gyokko Koto strikes, but not always

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2006 11:09am

Style: koga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and you macwombat are an asshole. i never thought i would need a copy to keep on hand because some people would want to see it. sorry, my crystal ball was in the shop being repaired. if you want it, you know where to go get it. so stop whining

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2006 2:13am

Style: Bujutsu / Muay Thai / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin-nite
    and you macwombat are an asshole. i never thought i would need a copy to keep on hand because some people would want to see it. sorry, my crystal ball was in the shop being repaired. if you want it, you know where to go get it. so stop whining
    Dude, if you didn't bring it up, people wouldn't even have known you had a fight video.
    But still, you brought it up, and you expect everyone else to go out of their way to get access to it...think about that...it's like going to a job interview and saying to the boss, "You know I have this ****-hot resume...you should see it...it's totally awesome...of course if you want to see it, you need to ring my old boss's receptionist Martha, then ask her for a copy of my resume."

BJJ Suckee

Posted On:
    12/17/2006 2:22am

Style: Relson GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And similarly as a resume you would want to have a copy for yourself. If there was video footage of my fighting at any point, I'd want a copy in my possession no matter how bad I lost. You are just banking on the fact that nobody wants to waste their time contacting your instructor. And you are right, nobody wants to waste their time on proving your point for you. If you can't then you won't be taken seriously. And before you say how you don't care about what we think, remember that you have been responding to these posts as if you did care.
    I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Posted On:
    12/17/2006 6:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this video show you using the exotic techniques of koga ryu ninjitsu? Since it doesn't exist you might as well say it does.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2006 4:44am

Style: koga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    firstly, i didnt bring it up, you guys asked for proof, constantly. i stated where you can get it. secondaly, if you want it so badly, why are you not going and asking for it. i never entered this forum stating i have certain things, you guys kept on going at it wanting evidence, now, i tell you where you can get it and now all you can do is complain. i dont need to see it, i was there. at the end of the day, i know i am speaking the truth, if you want to believe otherwise, let that be your bliss. on the point of responding, if i said that your MA was not valid, wouldnt you stand firm and say it is? maybe you do have vids, maybe you dont. who knows. fact is, i wouldnt be that disrespectful to you. i have stated that i have no reason to disbelieve you.
    the vids have me fighting in kumite, there are 2. if you want to see the techniques being used in koga, then purchase the vid from the site. (oh, wait, that means you will see something and that might end your arguement all together?)