カンフー

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2006 10:10pm

Style: Bujinkan, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni9
    1) You could be right but you could be wrong as well. Simply by observing taijutsu will definitely not tell you if the person is effective. The only way to know is to "feel" the movements.
    Sorry....B.S.
    I dont need to feel anything to know if someone is good or if they suck. There are subtitles that are sometimes not apparent in taijutsu, but the objective end product should always be the gauge to measure effectiveness.
    Against a "compliant" partner it shows a certain level of skill, a working knowledge of kinesiology, of anatomy, physics, Japanese historical patterns......but not how to fight.

Being able to change and succeed in real time against an unpredictable opponent who also wants to succeed. That will show if a person is effective at what they claim to be effective at....that is, if we are talking about fighting.

If we are talking about principals of movement, practical anatomy, or the art of medieval Japanese kinesiology ...that is something different IMO, although there is probably some overlap ....which cannot really be measured or tested to show where something not related to fighting helped in a fight.

make sense?
    Last edited by seattletcj; 10/19/2006 10:13pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 12:40am

Style: Buj. budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muqatil
    Well, assumption is what has driven most of this thread. :eusa_doh:
    Indeed , but the discussion gets better :user:

Once again, we come back to the question, why do you care about anyone else? If it doesn't affect you at all, who cares?
    Imho it's an ego thing ; there are tons of people who do care a lot about it within the bujinkan.
    Those are also the guys who're 'seeking' for more rank.
    Funny thing is that they mostly show up at hatsumi's class and skip most others ( with some exceptions but what the heck... ;) )

The 'rank seekers' are on a hunt and quite a few people are willing to have some fun on that.
    Hatsumi is indeed well known for it but it's done by others also.
    Some people who 'see' this instantly say that " they know all about it" for something that in fact indeed is mostly a joke.

Does this makes the bujinkan bad?
    I think not. It's just a part of the game i think ...

Polly wants a cookie ? ... come get one! :oo:

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 12:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbushi
    I am only responsible for myself and my students.
    Unfortunately, no.

No man is an island.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 2:15am

Style: koga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi guys, sorry been away for so long, just came across nicks thread.
    now, you need friends to come and help you, you need me to pay for your travel etc.., a neutral location after you state you do business with those specific people. is it just me or did you just turn into ashida kim??????
    again, your currency is stronger, therefore cheaper for you to travel at own expense, as for needing friends, i am not a dishonourable person. i will not get others to fight my battles. i will meet you in one on one combat, if you wish, you can film it and then present it here. it does tell me one thing though, you really are a coward. if your company deals with businesses in SA, then surely you get to travel here a lot? why not just let me know when next you will be here?
    as for the picture, i want the same from you, your picture on zoints could be a picture of your "dad". it seems to me you want alot from me but are not willing to reciprocate when i ask you for things.
    another thing, this challenge to you only went out because you crossed the line. you know what i am talking about.
    you know, you even speak like a coward. you speak like ashida kim demanding all these things before you will actually come to SA to fight.
    once again, i joined this forum to interact with other serious ma's who also want to know the truth. the truth is, you are a coward and you will always be one,
    nough said.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 2:58am

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Wouldn't it be simpler to assume that with Hatsumi ranks are given out with no time-in-training or skill-based criterea becuase it makes more money?
    NOt really, since a student can't just write to Japan to get the certificates. If that were the case, I would have solved my paperwork issue a long time ago. The instructor (of at least shidoshi status) has to make the request.

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 3:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone inform ronin-nite that paragraphs, punctuation, and capitalization are his friend.

--J.D.

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 3:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin-nite's awsome.

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 3:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Ronin-nite's awsome.
    tl:dr

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2006 3:57am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Muqatil

You asked why we cared as it didn't effect us. Well, I have to ask two things:

1. You do understand what this site is about don't you? It's about exposing bullshido, and besides WTF I guess the Booj is the largest bullshido org. in the world. So why should we NOT go after it?

2. If you are so good, and you don't care what the other schools do, why do you get so defensive? No one here has said that it is impossible to train in an alive manner in the booj. Ok, you'll probably have to remove some of the more "exotic" techniques, but it will still be taijutsu. What we are saying is that MOST schools don't seem to do that

My own experiences with the booj were not good, I was looking for a traditional school nad ended up trying the Booj. I wasn't with the org. for very long, but since I saw what the advanced students did,and how little their training differed from my own. (No aliveness, no setup before grabs or takedowns) I could easily draw the conclusion that my school was one of the bad ones.

This got even worse about a year ago when I visited my Sifu. I was reading an old copy of FIGHTER (a swedish MA magazine) when I came across an intervju with Bo F Munthe, the man who brought Bujinkan to sweden (70's or 80's I think). Among other things he spoke about when he was in Japan, training under Hatsumi. He said that Hatsumi decided to "test" him for 6th dan (he had 4th at the time), and that he was worried as this test contained the "killing aura". The test apparently consisted of Hatsumi whacking him from behind with a shinai. Intrestingly, he seemed to say that he got hit (I would have thought the object was NOT to get hit) and that he passed.

What I'm trying to say is that unless this guy is treated as that embarrassing older relative we all have at swedish Bujinkan parties, it means that this guy (who also wrote a book about self-defense, in which he tells the story of a man who disarmed him with a Kiai during a demonstration) is proof of the state of Bujinkan in sweden.