Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/05/2010 7:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

McGovern - Such an ass!

I know this forum is a little dated - but this is an absolute MUST SEE!
    YouTube- Judo vs Ninja

This Steve McGovern (http://www.tenkobushi.com/) in Murrieta, CA (Karasu Tengu in this forum) was in the Navy and did a demo on the ship with a couple other guys. The guy who posted this video had about 6 months judo and puts McGovern into a rear naked choke in 12 seconds flat. That's funny enough, but then McGovern gets up and says "See the bad thing about somebody who does judo...Once they got to the ground they can't do anything. So I just relax. Piece of cake. Okay hold me there all you want. What are you going to do?" to which someone in the audience yells out "Choke your ass!!" All your questions about this guy are answered in this short 33 second video. PRICELESS! What an ASS-CLOWN!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2010 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ninpo/WHLC/Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oh yeah.

Yea I remember that day, about 10 years ago, onboard the USS John C. Stennis CVN-74, it was fun.

Take a good look at the color of the belts my two "adversaries" are wearing and remember this is an impromtu demonstration to fill time for a movie night while we were on station for "Operation Galant Eagle" (Carrier ops against Taliban positions in Afganistan right after 911). AND, no one got hurt! This is one of the reasons, for the most part, I do not do public "demonstrations", ass-packers like Max. What isn't show is what was demonstrated afterward using the Judo guy and how what I do deals with it (escapes and counters) since it brought up a good opportunity to do so. As always only a glimpse of what is going on is shown and of course everybody now knows everything about my art. Oh and for the record, he let go because his choke was not working. :eatbaby:

Oh and Max, My door is always open. Anytime you want to bring a camera in and show what you've got compaired to what I do I'm happy to oblige. But like all the others you'll come up with some bitch-ass excuse on why you can come in. :icon_cher
    Last edited by Karasu Tengu; 2/08/2010 10:52am at .

Posted On:
    5/25/2013 7:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry to super necro, but i use to go to classes at this guys "temple" and just found this thread.

Was he ever confirmed for real/fake? He talked a lot of BS, was very rude about other arts, and even had an entire month dedicated to how to maim, kill, and disable MMA fighters!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/25/2013 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These guys have (or had) a school in San Diego too. I actually taught kung fu to a guy that used to go there. The few things he showed me were kinda bizarre. Lots of rolling around, and there was this hard open hand to the back, used when sidestepping a punch.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617