Posted On:
    9/20/2006 10:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Open Combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Murrieta, CA: Tenkobushi Temple?

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please tell me what are your opinions about this website www.tenokobushi.com
    I recently attended a class and I find it a bit odd because the sensei does not name his
    ranks specifically. He states that he has a senior blackbelt rank in this and that but if a person is to open a school, he or she should name his true rank. I wanted to join but I have my doubts. I never studied ninja arts before, your opinion is very important and appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: No need to make multiple threads for the same topic.
    Piz Doff
    Last edited by PizDoff; 9/22/2006 10:53pm at .

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:45am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I whisper to you, "Run! You posted in the wrong forum and asked about stupid ninja stuff and your link's dead! When I first came here I mentioned ninjas and they did stuff to my butt! Run, you foolish little noob, run if you value your life and your manhood!"

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:59am

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the actual link: http://www.tenkobushi.com/

Let's see:
    Temple - Check.
    Idiot sword posing photos - Check.
    No actual definite statement of rank - Check.
    Ninjas - Check.
    Chi - Check.
    No sparring - Check.
    Interestingly named kids class - Check (Tengu Tots!)

This more than warrants a laugh. As well as not offering any definitive proof of his MA qualifications, he spends the majority of his bio talking about his military career. God help him if he's lying about any of it when the military types here find this thread.

Oh, yeah, wrong forum newbie scum!!!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 10:14am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Open Combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tenkobushi Temple?

I almost made a big mistake in joining www.tenkobushi.com. Please avoid it, the website explain it all. I'm such an idiot for posting in the wrong forum in my last post and I thank Iscariot and wildwills for pointing that out. Thanks guys.
    This is another ninja dojo with mysterious history.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:06pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol... Shorinjin Ryu Ninjutsu. Umm Shoalin ninjas?

What the training like there zengun?

Edit: Translation Shorinjin is japanese for "Shoalin Men"

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:13pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zengun9
    I almost made a big mistake in joining www.tenkobushi.com. Please avoid it, the website explain it all. I'm such an idiot for posting in the wrong forum in my last post and I thank Iscariot and wildwills for pointing that out. Thanks guys.
    This is another ninja dojo with mysterious history.
    Meh. You could do worse. Just looks like a fairly traditional Japanse style aikijujutsu school -- no biggie.

I don't know about all the ninja stuff or why they insist on throwing around Chinese translations, but it still looks a few shades better than, say, your average ATA type TKD mcdojo.

-daGorilla

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkobushi
    Weapons Training: The school teaches several classical weapons, such as nunchaku, sai, bo, tonfa and swordsmanship, but also many improvised and Family Specific weapons.
    Why does these "real" ninjas train in Okinawan Kobudo.

We teach the rare art of Tengu Kenjutsu (double spinning swordsmanship) a trademark particular to the Saito Clan and found nowhere else in the world.
    Tengu is a mystical Japanese Demon thing. Where is the double and spinning come from. lol @ made up twirling sword kata

Certainly these arts are offered only to those who have demonstrated the physical and emotional maturity to respond to the discipline of training. The decision to teach weapons to children under 18 years of age will be a joint one among teacher, parents and student. Additionally we do not "Spar" nor do we include Tournament Fighting as part of our curriculum and grading process.

lol.... too deadly to spar.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    Meh. You could do worse. Just looks like a fairly traditional Japanse style aikijujutsu school -- no biggie.

I don't know about all the ninja stuff or why they insist on throwing around Chinese translations, but it still looks a few shades better than, say, your average ATA type TKD mcdojo.

-daGorilla

Its not Daito Ryu (when you say aikijujutsu to mean Daito Ryu). He most likely has an aikido background with a ninja fetish.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by From the FAQ
    Q: Do you do a lot of sparring to hone your skills?

A: No we do not "spar" as you would find in "mainstream" franchised schools. We do however have single and multiple enemy showaza (many techniques) that serve to develop the student's understanding of the principles of the art. There are a few reasons for not "sparring". Fist, my teacher believes it develops bad habits that the body and mind will commit to memory and are contradictory to what the art is teaching the student. Having graduated from these types of schools I totally agree with him on this point. In Ninjitsu (Ninpo) that teaching is composure under pressure. So in our mind all this hopping and jumping around is contradictory to that teaching. My art does not change when I switch modes. The dynamics of the techniques and principles are the same whether I am practicing or actually fighting. Go to any tournament and watch the Forms competition then compare it to the Contact competition. Then ask yourself why the two look so different. Where did their art fail them so that they resort to mere kickboxing or sparring techniques? Ninpo doesn't work that way.
    Why don't they spar? Cause all sparring looks like point sparring. duh?.

Quote Originally Posted by From the FAQ
    Q: Why do you call your art Go Zan Ryu Tengu Ninjitsu when it is actually Shorinjin Ryu Saito Ninjitsu?

A: The name reflects one of the two Ryuha (schools) within the entire Saito family art. The two ryuha are the Shorinjin Ryu and Tengu Ryu. Master Saito Jr. maintains the original Shorinjin Ryu name since he is the heir to this family art. My teacher uses Tengu Ryu just to differentiate the two schools. It is the same art. It's like a major auto manufacturer. GMC and Chevrolet are both General Motors
    Shorinjin Ryu - Shorinji is a Kempo School.

Tengu Ryu is just a silly name.

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:37pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    Its not Daito Ryu (when you say aikijujutsu to mean Daito Ryu). He most likely has an aikido background with a ninja fetish.

Ah -- yeah, that's probably it.

I am curious though -- he claims a lot of military background, so it would *seem* he has the potential to know/practice some martial arts that aren't crap -- in which case maybe he's just playing nice for the kiddies (and their parents money).

-daGorilla
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast