Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    Nice! Good music too, what was the song?

No ****! It takes chutzpah to compose with mixed meter, alternatiing complex time signatures. The fact that it worked impressed me far more than any video which could be set to it, no matter how sweet.

Kidspatula,

Do you play with elboes and backward hits on the speed bag? Setting aside the "fun" factor, these variations can be helpful adjuncts for Muay Thai training.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    No ****! It takes chutzpah to compose with mixed meter, alternatiing complex time signatures. The fact that it worked impressed me far more than any video which could be set to it, no matter how sweet.

Kidspatula,

Do you play with elboes and backward hits on the speed bag? Setting aside the "fun" factor, these variations can be helpful adjuncts for Muay Thai training.

what do you mean by "backward hits"? We don't really focus a whole lot on elbows at my gym, I guess because Manu isn't really a big clinch fighter.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    what do you mean by "backward hits"? We don't really focus a whole lot on elbows at my gym, I guess because Manu isn't really a big clinch fighter.

It's hitting with 2/2 timing, which requires you to hit through instead of pulling back. Allow the bag to pass your hand and strike the opposite side of the bag towards you. You have to step closer to have the reach, so watch out and don't end up kissing the bag on the rebound.

You'll hear a "Thwa-ka Thwa-ka Thwa-ka" rhythm instead of the more typical 3/4 timing of "Thwa-ka-ta Thwa-ka-ta Thwa-ka-ta"

I was introduced to the speed bag many years ago by a very progressive physical therapist. My left shoulder pretty much has a couple of pieces of threads and shoe laces where most people would have rotator cuff muscles and minor rhomboids.

With elbows and side strikes, the speedbag was a fucking awesome way to rehab. When working out alone, fewer things feel sweeter than nailing five or six "quad hits" in a row (lead elbow, lead punch, trail punch, trail elbow, reverse your lead and repeat),

Interesting Trivia: "The Speed Bag Bible" was written by a drummer, not a boxing coach.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 9/20/2006 1:19pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah ok now I know what you're talking about (I thought you were talking about the heavy bag). I've never really done any of that, and actually my current school doesn't have a speed bag (and Nashville MMA had a really shitty one that always fell off), I mostly just got to do the speed bag whenever we'd do some training at the Boxing Resource Center.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 2:07pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Hearing anything other than metal in highlights makes my inner musician gush.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 5:17pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice vid kidspatula.

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 6:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--