Thread: Is this BS?

Style
    Thaiboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is this BS?

Vell zen Grüßgott as ve say in ze Germany.

Been lurking and reading articles here for quite some time and noticed that this place is quite to my liking.

I need some help martial arts wise and was hoping you might provide it. I've been weightlifting for about 4 years and started Thaiboxing about a year ago. Although I would have preferred BJJ that wasn't an option as there is no school where I live.

Because of work related reasons I have to move to Munich and thought that would be a good time to switch to BJJ. My mighty art of google-fu revealed but one BJJ school in Munich to me (Warning German!):
    Kraut BJJ

I thought it looked kind of suspicious because they also train _ing _un. Could somebody here that has mastered the art of German-Fu tell me if this is BS. Alternatively maybe somebody here knows a good BJJ or MMA school in Munich. Thanks

Style
    N. Mantis, Pekiti Tirsia
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh they teach Wing Chun.. WC if you look at it compared to most major chinese styles.. its like comparing the pocket dictionary to the Encyclopedia Britannica. It has some good **** to teach, but... Its not a standalone. If they teach Escrima there as well.. FMA concepts blend really well into Wing Chun and make it come alive.. throw in some BJJ like they're offering.. and you have Largo(long), Medio(medium), and Corte(short) range tactics from Escrima. trapping range standup and solid grappling in case the deal goes south.

If the WC is decent and they don't roll their elbows all day, and you have the 'time & effort' to put into kung fu.. you may have a winner. :)

Style
    Dancing the Spears
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of "JKD" places teach BJJ/muay thai/mma type stuff but also teach some wing chun crap.

I've been to one of these places, they generally dont teach the WC crap to their fighters and you don't see anyone doing it when they spar either.

Style
    Mixed Martial Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun is tought at my MT gym. Doesnt make the MT any worse as I dont see how its connected...just happens to be tought at the same gym.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze German
    Because of work related reasons I have to move to Munich and thought that would be a good time to switch to BJJ. My mighty art of google-fu revealed but one BJJ school in Munich to me (Warning German!):
    Kraut BJJ

I thought it looked kind of suspicious because they also train _ing _un. Could somebody here that has mastered the art of German-Fu tell me if this is BS. Alternatively maybe somebody here knows a good BJJ or MMA school in Munich. Thanks

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the South American variant of the classical Japanese Jiu Jitsu. It is a very realistic combat system, as innumerable road fights and” Free Fights” prove. Nevertheless Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is in its training very force and injury-free. A goal is it, the opponent by refined techniques to force or make tactics and a high physical sensitivity in extreme cases disabled to the task. Matches show again and again that a technically well equipped fighter can triumph easily against a by far heavier opponent. For this interesting combat art now a training community exists. Since Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is only very few really capable teachers into Germany unfortunately still in the child shoes and gives it here to country, we are glad since at the beginning of of 2004 in Björn Friedrich a very competent teacher (European champion in tender the Wrestling in the class up to 98 Kilos) to have found. Björn learns a size of the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu recognized by Roy Harris, which has impressing abilities in this combat art.

looks pretty legit, even if it's still in the child shoes:

http://translate.google.com/translat...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Style
    Thaiboxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks! Guess I'll check it out then.