Sponsored Links Spacer Image

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 12:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeff I have a question are these two as silly in real life?
    カンフー

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 12:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double post.
    カンフー

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 12:49am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jeff doesnt know Ashly, he's a fellow ARMAteer that i've only had the pleasure of training with once and conversing with on the internet a few times.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 2:01am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kat, I've noticed you have a tendancy to start fights witha straight running charge into the opponent and then punch over their flailing arms. Has that ever caught you out? Like, I mean, do counter-punchers ever stymie you?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 8:29am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't say that it's been much of a problem yet. I think I've tended to score the first good solid hit every time.

I can't say I've ran into any real good counter punchers in actual fighting and in sparring I am generally the one playing the part of the counter puncher. I'm still trying to kind of find my style a little bit because the way I spar and the way I fight are so differant, I think i pull off the agressive brawler thing pretty well but in sparring I prefer to hang back, slip, bob, weave, bait a little bit, and throw counter shots.

I would like to fight like that, but I get so nervous it's pretty damn hard to really relax and I've also been told that trying to be a counter fighter can be a dangerous game in amateur fighting since they tend to look for a lot of forward motion.

Basically, i'm still trying to decide what I want to be when i grow up, at this point I am thinking I'm going to develop the brawler style a little more since it tends to be where I relapse to in the ring.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 8:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, amateur kickboxing at least really seems to greatly favor a lot of forward motion, so I think if the fight looks fairly close and you've been playing the role of the counter puncher, the fight will go to the peron initiating the most exchanges.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 9:32am

Style: Historic European

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Hey Jeff, yes it does.

Jake said he's going to be doing a study day sometime soon now that he's home, see you there?
    Hey Kat

I wondered if you would be there, this time the knee is fixed(i do have to wear a brace) so i'll be able to actualy do some training, so I am looking forward to it.

I have only met Kat on one occasion, IMO she's very genuine and friendly, I have not met Kidspatula.

Jeff

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 11:49am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    i want to see some inter gender mma, it'd be cool if ufc and pride were completely intergender.
    Why??

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 3:06pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because it would mean real equality and respect for the tiny handlful of chick who could/would do it. I'd get my ass kicked and I'd do it.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 3:08pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I can't say that it's been much of a problem yet. I think I've tended to score the first good solid hit every time.

I can't say I've ran into any real good counter punchers in actual fighting and in sparring I am generally the one playing the part of the counter puncher. I'm still trying to kind of find my style a little bit because the way I spar and the way I fight are so differant, I think i pull off the agressive brawler thing pretty well but in sparring I prefer to hang back, slip, bob, weave, bait a little bit, and throw counter shots.

I would like to fight like that, but I get so nervous it's pretty damn hard to really relax and I've also been told that trying to be a counter fighter can be a dangerous game in amateur fighting since they tend to look for a lot of forward motion.

Basically, i'm still trying to decide what I want to be when i grow up, at this point I am thinking I'm going to develop the brawler style a little more since it tends to be where I relapse to in the ring.
    Hmmph, interesting. I haven't watched all your fights -- sheer laziness -- but I wonder if, on the day you run into an equal, it's going to cost you. I mean, I don't think we're ever going to get a chance to fight each other, but I alreayd have thoughts about what I would do if you charged at me like that.

Oh, and for the record, I know both of you would pulp me in a stand-up fight. Easily.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast