Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 7:51pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep your foot on his hip and keep pressing your knee in tight toward his ribs. Also make sure that you've got your right thigh behind his right arm so he can't reach back and push your knee down. I drilled this last night and had my partner try to get out at each stage too. The only time he could pass over my right leg is when I didn't keep the above points in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 9:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    Keep your foot on his hip and keep pressing your knee in tight toward his ribs. Also make sure that you've got your right thigh behind his right arm so he can't reach back and push your knee down. I drilled this last night and had my partner try to get out at each stage too. The only time he could pass over my right leg is when I didn't keep the above points in.
    Thanks, will do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 11:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    I found two simple ways to build up some knee/thigh strength at home. I have a large so-called "Swiss ball" like you see at gyms these days which I use for a computer chair (so my 2 year old can't climb on the counter). I tried squeezing this with my thighs, and it had enough "give" to let my knees have a short range of movement before the resistance rises too high. Better yet, I could just practice holding a squeeze, and vary the amount of squeeze. By lying on my back and putting my legs on top, I could also do a downward leg curl type of squeeze.

Then I found THE budget exercise accessory - my daughter's play ball, one of those $5 or so lightweight balls that you see in big bins at Target and Walmart. About the size of a beach ball, but more sturdy and with an inflation valve like a soccer ball. This is a much better size for knee squeezes, perhaps a little small for leg curls (but at least I can use the large ball for more open leg squeezes and the small ball for more closed leg squeezes).

Lacking a gym, this is the best I could come up with for now, and it sure beats plan b which was to buy a short punching bag and practice squeezes on that (ok, I was also going to practice mounting and punching it, but that's a different story).

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/26/2006 11:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When is your book coming out Aesopian?

If you say "what book?" you're earning far less than you could be.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123