Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 10:32am

Style: pa-kua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can attest that the screaming thing can work on occasion, as can using an unexpected phrase.

One time, duirng a sparring class, we were directed to attack any way we felt like. While facing my opponent, the master signaled to begin. My opponent dropped into a fighting position, and I ran at him screaming like a banshee. He froze and I tagged him right in the face.

Another time, similar type of class (fight as you see fit), we were about to get into some stand-up grappling, and I asked "wanna dance?" He blinked and I kneed him in the groin.

My chi was very strong those days!

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Thread Killer

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMan
    6.) The "bodyguard" defenses were actually okay. In this scenario, you're a bodyguard and your boss is being held at knife point. The drills here were okay, minus one goofy one where the chest is at the throat and you stick your hand between the knife and the boss's throat. (You better really like whoever hired you.)

Bodyguard defenses: 7/10. The highlight of the day, these were actually decent. I only didn't like the aforementioned 'slice my arm to save my boss' defense.

Uh.... I'm not even going to try to address the specifics of this scenario. But, from my also layman's point of view, if a bodyguard let it progress to this point, he's already fucked up on so many levels I would suggest the District Attorney should contemplate criminal negligence charges.

Could you go into further detail on this part? Just from what you've described already, I'd would give it a lot lower rating than 7/10.

Also, could you give the name of the person who was teaching this so the Systemamanikas can start the standard "He doesn't have the real Systema" flame war?

I agree: regardless of the nitpicking and/or whether anyone agress with you, good writeup.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 9/18/2006 10:40am at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 11:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Also, could you give the name of the person who was teaching this so the Systemamanikas can start the standard "He doesn't have the real Systema" flame war?
    Ah, there you go, taking away the very predictable excuse the systema acolytes used to denounce Karl Tanswell. For shame.

I agree: regardless of the nitpicking and/or whether anyone agress with you, good writeup.
    I doubt DdlR or RobG would think so, but they're retards so it doesn't matter. :toothy10:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 11:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FredGarvinMP

Thanks for the laugh with the whole "you can still move?" part.
    Well, along with that example, systema's 'Beyond the physical' would also fail any Bullshido test. ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzBL2dHMI
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Badness will not be rewarded

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 12:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Well, along with that example, systema's 'Beyond the physical' would also fail any Bullshido test. ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzBL2dHMI
    KFS,

You have a photographic memory or simply a database of all these links; Do you remember a Systema vid about stopping and restarting some guy's heart? There was also a thing about a pro boxer punching the chubby guy in the same video. I can't seem to find it and I am wondering if I am confusing Systema with something else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 1:01pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Uh.... I'm not even going to try to address the specifics of this scenario. But, from my also layman's point of view, if a bodyguard let it progress to this point, he's already fucked up on so many levels I would suggest the District Attorney should contemplate criminal negligence charges.

Could you go into further detail on this part? Just from what you've described already, I'd would give it a lot lower rating than 7/10.
    Well, scenario one is that the attacker is facing you with his hand on the shoulder and a knife in the back of your boss. You reach your hand forward as if you're going to shake his hand and say, "Everything okay?" Hopefully, he reaches forward to shake your hand. If he does, grab his hand and yank him out of the reach of the knife. If he doesn't, grab his wrist and yank him forward.

Scenario two involves the attacker holding a knife to the throat of the boss is standing behind him. You step forward, grabbing the wrist of the hand that holds the knife. You grab your bosses head and smash it into the attacker behind him, making him headbutt his attacker while you pull forward on the attacker's wrist.

Scenario three is the knife is really close to the throat of your boss. This is the one where you stick your hand inbetween the knife and your boss's throat. Not a fan of this particular defense.

Also, could you give the name of the person who was teaching this so the Systemamanikas can start the standard "He doesn't have the real Systema" flame war.
    Hell no dude, I got to roll for free. If I'm ever up there, I don't want to be unwelcome. When I leave Jersey, I'll put it up.

Welterweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 1:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To simulate the way they strike, think about how you would hit someone if you were told to massage them with a strike. The neck strike he did on me actually helped me loosen up a little.
    So the healing strike is real after all?!?
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 1:36pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiai_killer
    So the healing strike is real after all?!?
    Yep. A killer strike turns to a healing strike whenever it encounters mad boxing chi.
    Last edited by NoMan; 9/18/2006 1:38pm at .

Welterweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. A killer strike turns to a healing strike whenever it encounters mad boxing chi.
    Or anyone that doesn't do systema, lol.
    Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 2:25pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, scenario one is that the attacker is facing you with his hand on the shoulder and a knife in the back of your boss. You reach your hand forward as if you're going to shake his hand and say, "Everything okay?" Hopefully, he reaches forward to shake your hand. If he does, grab his hand and yank him out of the reach of the knife. If he doesn't, grab his wrist and yank him forward.
    say what? they train for a scenario in which a mugger/kidnapper/assassin stops what he's doing to shake a bodyguard's hand?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast