Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 10:56am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Tapioca"? "Nemasis"? Nooooo.... these kids are gonna' grow up just fine.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 11:38pm

Style: kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does the school still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by beccaxoxo121 View Post
    i was a member of that dojo for 3 and a half years and it was extremely legitamit...yes his name is Lord Utmost his wifes name is devine love, and he has 7 children and they do have weird names but thats just how he wanted it apparently. there is cassanova, tapioca, empress, lord, nemasis, and shy-freshia. when i attended this dojo i learned respect. not many other places can acaully teach you that. i acually got inducted into the "karate hall of fame" in long island new york, what an experience. This dojo is like a small family--or at least it was when i was there, i don't know how it is now. But Kioshi was like a second father to me and he tought me so much, unfortunetly i only got to second degree brown belt and i had to quite because i broke my leg badly and was no longer able to participate. There was a lot of hands on knowledge and mental knowledge. Not a lot of people agree with his way of teaching and that's there problem, personally i leanrede well from it. And as for the problems with Cassanova, that is there business and i don't think you need to judge kioshi becuase of his sons choices. This place is legit and i just wanted to let you guys know what was really going on. Thank you. peace
    I'd love to stop by and give a more informed opinion, but I got the impression that the school doesn't exist any more. Do you have current contact info or an address for the school?

Thanks.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    11/18/2009 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is there a Karate Hall of Fame on Long Island? I have lived on LI most of my life and trained most of my life as well, and there is nothing that I know of resembling what you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    11/19/2009 12:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unfortunetly no...i lost contact with him after i left the dojo. however, my father helps him a lot with renovations and all that kind of stuff.you can try contacting his house phone: 508-477-0968..and as for the karate hall of fame in long island, it was only heald in long island...it isn't acaully located there. oh and i just remembered one more thing that may be helpful, "deadly dojo" was just the name of the dojo, the school was "the budokon school of martial arts" i don't know if that will help you all but there! if you have any other questions you can ask me and i'll be happy to answer. you could also try the old nummber for the dojo, but i'm not sure if it works: 508-539-2007

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2009 1:36am

Style: kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaxoxo121 View Post
    unfortunetly no...i lost contact with him after i left the dojo. however, my father helps him a lot with renovations and all that kind of stuff.you can try contacting his house phone: 508-477-0968..and as for the karate hall of fame in long island, it was only heald in long island...it isn't acaully located there. oh and i just remembered one more thing that may be helpful, "deadly dojo" was just the name of the dojo, the school was "the budokon school of martial arts" i don't know if that will help you all but there! if you have any other questions you can ask me and i'll be happy to answer. you could also try the old nummber for the dojo, but i'm not sure if it works: 508-539-2007
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I feel that since I'm fairly close (geographically) it's only fair to try to stop in to give an authentic evaluation for the purposes of the thread.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/23/2009 11:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure they are no longer there
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 2:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Over the years I have observed some posts and comments about The Deadly Dojo and Lord Utmost. While almost all dojos have felt a finacial impact since 2007 as did this one. Lord Utmost is true to the teachings of his art, teaching students outside in a grassy area to some might have seemed an act of despiration, his students thought it an honor to get to train "old school". Think about the. Roots of most art styles, your forefathers didn't start on a gym mat did they? The first lesson he teaches his students, do not judge another school until you experience it in person first hand. Also if the school isn't for you for whatever the reason, don't bad mouth it just move on! While he my not be a Master of all things in life as he is human just like everyone else, he is a Master of the Art he teaches. While I could go on and on about the students he has helped in and out of the dojo. I can tell you that he delivers great Martial Artist, providing that's what the student wants and asserts, and dedicates applying the skills he teaches them. At age 38 I began the study of Goju at his dojo by age 39 I was competing at world cup level in my age and belt level, not just competing, but winning! He has produced a number of champions over the years. I was lucky enough and honored to be one of them! He is a good hearted person, and had a close nit family dojo!

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 3:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thingone View Post
    Over the years I have observed some posts and comments about The Deadly Dojo and Lord Utmost. While almost all dojos have felt a finacial impact since 2007 as did this one. Lord Utmost is true to the teachings of his art, teaching students outside in a grassy area to some might have seemed an act of despiration, his students thought it an honor to get to train "old school". Think about the. Roots of most art styles, your forefathers didn't start on a gym mat did they? The first lesson he teaches his students, do not judge another school until you experience it in person first hand. Also if the school isn't for you for whatever the reason, don't bad mouth it just move on! While he my not be a Master of all things in life as he is human just like everyone else, he is a Master of the Art he teaches. While I could go on and on about the students he has helped in and out of the dojo. I can tell you that he delivers great Martial Artist, providing that's what the student wants and asserts, and dedicates applying the skills he teaches them. At age 38 I began the study of Goju at his dojo by age 39 I was competing at world cup level in my age and belt level, not just competing, but winning! He has produced a number of champions over the years. I was lucky enough and honored to be one of them! He is a good hearted person, and had a close nit family dojo!
    None of this means anything? World Cup level? In your belt level? Yes, that's a great accomplishment for you but, it doesn't add anything to the thread but cheer leading.

Posted On:
    6/12/2010 3:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    David, I trained directly under Lord Utmost. I started in 2005. I was on the US Martial Arts Team 2006. Competed in the World Cup Held in Hawaii that year. I came home with a Championship Belt, and alot of wonderful memories and met wonderful people! I believe he had 5 students that Competed in that World Cup. In 2007 I was inducted into The US Martial Arts Hall of Fame as Female Competitor of The Year in my division. Due to a death, and another of my family members falling ill I have yet to make it back to class since 2008.

For the dojo brother whom said Matt was Handed his black belt, all I can say is shame on you! Matt studied hard over the years and I admired his kata technique and dedication. He spent a min of three hours a day studying what he learned from beginging to end! You know the proper way training went. Don't blame anyone but yourself for your own failure!
    I honestly figured that people were over bashing of Lord Utmost!

David I will try and contact kyoshi and direct him to your post. Thank you. :toothy10:

Posted On:
    7/31/2010 10:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all webpages are gone...but i have his MYspace adress...
    check this out
    http://www.myspace.com/killmanji
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213