Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 5:55am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Dave your misjudging the intention here...
    Perhaps; but it doesn't alter my thoughts or my previous statement on the subject.

I wasn't looking to cast a doubt upon the quality of the teaching (the Ninja POV is merely an observation of fact) I am merely perplexed why a Karateka would seek to better their Karate with an entirely different method of martial study - that being weapons orientated. (Unless it was specifically and traditionally Karate orientated - Tonfa, Nunchaku, Sai et-al) But then why would a teacher of Ninjutsu offer such instruction? Iím surmising therefore the weapons instruction we are discussing are in fact those I mentioned in my previous post ?

I understand the benefits of cross-training but I don't think that fits what's being discussed here. May be I'm wrong but after a considerable amount of time in JSA's myself, I just don't see the correlation at all.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 5:58am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by david r View Post
    yup thats cass its his son and yes he got his but whippd then and when he got home he stopped practicing 4 years ago. he drinks and does drugs and his father barely talks to him. ohh he also was drunk when he fought another sign of stupidity. oh btw other students have also slamed him to the ground the same way from the dojo when he happened to drop in just before he stopped going. ( or was kicked out? sensei never commented) i believe but am not sure that sensei through his own son out cause he was messin with drugs and underage drinkin. i know he was thrown out of the house several times. his mom let him back in. as far as mc dojo? sensei uses 5 belt system and has taught for free i think that disqualivies the mc dojo idea. As far as the past students here who are unhappy with his way of teaching i ask one question when you competed did you feel good, did you feel competent, did you feel your sensei had the respect of other sensei's? the senseis in the area send their students to us to learn to fight so no matter what you think your gripe is keep it honest and tell it like it is.
    I'll tell it like it is then..

SPELL CHECK and PARAGRAPHS - otherwise stop getting roundhouse kicked to the head.

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    6/19/2009 2:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Jihad View Post
    Perhaps; but it doesn't alter my thoughts or my previous statement on the subject.

I wasn't looking to cast a doubt upon the quality of the teaching (the Ninja POV is merely an observation of fact) I am merely perplexed why a Karateka would seek to better their Karate with an entirely different method of martial study - that being weapons orientated. (Unless it was specifically and traditionally Karate orientated - Tonfa, Nunchaku, Sai et-al) But then why would a teacher of Ninjutsu offer such instruction? I’m surmising therefore the weapons instruction we are discussing are in fact those I mentioned in my previous post ?

I understand the benefits of cross-training but I don't think that fits what's being discussed here. May be I'm wrong but after a considerable amount of time in JSA's myself, I just don't see the correlation at all.
    Shotokan is very orthodox karate training. The JKA and JSA are both ultra orthodox organizations... if that makes them legitimate in your eyes so be it... but the fact remains that there is a whole bunch of folks doing Shotokan and other karate that is not sanctioned by these groups. And the karate understanding of weapons is **** Dave... Sorry after 20 years studying the stuff I have earned the right to say that. I have seen some of the best Okinawan Kobudo and it does not compare to anything remotely practical in even the Buj.

You are not wrong its an opinion.... I actually agree with most of what you are saying until you want to try to legitimize karate through the JSA :eusa_sick I used to train guys in the JSA because they could not fight a lick... they would leave their school on the sly and come train with me and we would laugh at their feeble attempts at fighting. we would laugh together... its ok

Your last post cracked me up something fierce about roundhouses and paragraphs haha! where have you been lately?
    Last edited by Dsimon3387; 6/19/2009 2:36pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 10:33am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone here post the current address of this guy's school!?

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 11:11am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dsimon

I think you misunderstand me

JSA = Japanese Sword Arts

not

JKA - Japan Karate Association

I have never been a member of the JKA and the limited amount of cross training I've done in Shotokan could be written on a stamp.

In reference to where I've been - Iraq mate - sandbox city

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 12:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    Dsimon

I think you misunderstand me

JSA = Japanese Sword Arts

not

JKA - Japan Karate Association

I have never been a member of the JKA and the limited amount of cross training I've done in Shotokan could be written on a stamp.

In reference to where I've been - Iraq mate - sandbox city
    Oh sorry for the misunderstanding and its good to hear your evoice again! There is a JSA that is connected to 'Shotokan. You guessed it... the Japanese Shotokan Association along with the afformentioned JKA

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 9:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was a member of that dojo for 3 and a half years and it was extremely legitamit...yes his name is Lord Utmost his wifes name is devine love, and he has 7 children and they do have weird names but thats just how he wanted it apparently. there is cassanova, tapioca, empress, lord, nemasis, and shy-freshia. when i attended this dojo i learned respect. not many other places can acaully teach you that. i acually got inducted into the "karate hall of fame" in long island new york, what an experience. This dojo is like a small family--or at least it was when i was there, i don't know how it is now. But Kioshi was like a second father to me and he tought me so much, unfortunetly i only got to second degree brown belt and i had to quite because i broke my leg badly and was no longer able to participate. There was a lot of hands on knowledge and mental knowledge. Not a lot of people agree with his way of teaching and that's there problem, personally i leanrede well from it. And as for the problems with Cassanova, that is there business and i don't think you need to judge kioshi becuase of his sons choices. This place is legit and i just wanted to let you guys know what was really going on. Thank you. peace
    Last edited by beccaxoxo121; 11/16/2009 9:31pm at .

Posted On:
    11/16/2009 9:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    agreed.

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 3:32am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you just agree with yourself?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2009 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No she agreed with my thought, "That is one of the worst posts ever".
    There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13 LastLast