Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 2:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Diciplines

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Need advice on starting again

Hi, I've been training in BJJ and Hokutoryu (modern jujitsu style)/Kickboxing for the past year. Before that 2 years of a more classical style. The problem is, resently (meaning past 4 months) I have had zero chance to train, first suffered from a conditioning preventing my training that needed surgical treatment, asther healing from that I got very ill for a two weeks.

For all that time I have healed my physical frustration with drinking out with my friends and living with the attitude (**** with it then, it's all gone). Now, I am in a situation (due my own fault) where I am seriously out of shape (atleast when compared to THEN- when I trained).

I can pull off a moderate level SW training okay, but still. Too much loose, not enough muscle, bad diet and habit of taking few beers too much. Destroyed years work in a few months.

So, I need advice, simple and complex, how to start increasing skill levels, endurance and strenght. I am in no way expert in this, I know jogging is good but no idea how much, with what intensity, what kinds of foods you should eat.

Basicly any advice would be great. I have set myself a goal that in 1.5-2 years I should be in condition and in skill level that I could start to compete in some small time BJJ tournaments.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 5:59am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll make it simple.

Eat natural foods. Lot's of fruit, vegeatables, lean meat, fish, eggs, nuts and complex carbohydrates. If it doesn't grow off a tree, if it doesn't grow out of the ground, if you can't go outside and hunt for it then you should not be eating it. Eat the foods you find in nature which means no more junk food and for Heavan's sake no more alcohol.

As far as training goes just stick with regular BJJ and kickboxing training. It will be hard if you are not fit but just do the best you can to keep up. The training in those styles will help your fitness greaty. Or at least it should.

In your spare time start running. Try and run a distance of about 3 miles to establish an aerobic base. Once you can run that distance, try and get your time down. There are other things you can do aswell like hill sprints, skipping rope, pushups,situps,burpees etc. Here is one tool I got from a great book.

Burpees - 10
    V ups - 10
    Bodyweight squats - 10
    Pushups - 10

Those four exercises. Peform that circut over and over as many times as you can. Try and do that sequence 10 times in a row with no rest. One of the best workout's you will ever feel.

The above will help you alot. Best of luck.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 7:15am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rather, here is a book I got from a great tool.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 8:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the hardest things to do is to restart.

Restart.

Period.

Do not feel "embarrassed" that you are deconditioned. The longer you wait, the harder it gets.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 10:00am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, stop beating yourself up about it. You're only human, whether you like it or not. Second, getting into the same shape you were in before won't be as difficult as it was the first time. Just remember, motivation follows action. It's a cruel twist of fate that we usually don't really feel motivated to do something until we start doing it (Before it becomes habit, that is) so don't sit around at your computer waiting for someone to throw the golden fleece at you, get off your ass and train. Good luck!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 2:45pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just start up again, but start slow. Don't let anybody push you further than you think it's safe.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 10:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kein Haar
    Rather, here is a book I got from a great tool.

You don't think it can work. It's a great workout. Only takes about 20 minutes but it's hard alright. Why don't you give it a go ? Mind you, it does mean dragging your fat bloated ass away from the PS2 and entering the world of sweat soaked training.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

IF I POST ONE MORE CRAPPY THREAD I WILL GET LOCKED IN TROLLSHIDO FOR A MONTH

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 3:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Deadly Flower Fist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    You don't think it can work. It's a great workout. Only takes about 20 minutes but it's hard alright. Why don't you give it a go ? Mind you, it does mean dragging your fat bloated ass away from the PS2 and entering the world of sweat soaked training.

I hear you can actually train your mind playing PS2.

Plus, if you play for twelve hours straight, you'll lose weight via dehydration...

Anyway. This guy should beat himself up over being a out of shape jerk, that's conditioning anyway!

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 10:02am

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    Hi, I've been training in BJJ and Hokutoryu (modern jujitsu style)/Kickboxing for the past year. Before that 2 years of a more classical style. The problem is, resently (meaning past 4 months) I have had zero chance to train, first suffered from a conditioning preventing my training that needed surgical treatment, asther healing from that I got very ill for a two weeks.

For all that time I have healed my physical frustration with drinking out with my friends and living with the attitude (**** with it then, it's all gone). Now, I am in a situation (due my own fault) where I am seriously out of shape (atleast when compared to THEN- when I trained).

I can pull off a moderate level SW training okay, but still. Too much loose, not enough muscle, bad diet and habit of taking few beers too much. Destroyed years work in a few months.

So, I need advice, simple and complex, how to start increasing skill levels, endurance and strenght. I am in no way expert in this, I know jogging is good but no idea how much, with what intensity, what kinds of foods you should eat.

Basicly any advice would be great. I have set myself a goal that in 1.5-2 years I should be in condition and in skill level that I could start to compete in some small time BJJ tournaments.
    If I ever get in a rut, I think about how pathetic I've become. Then I feel my weakness can be absolved through struggle. Doing painful conditioning becomes so much easier if you want it to hurt.

And Stop drinking. One of my friends about lost his life the other day because he was drinking behind the wheel.

Hugs and kisses.

Posted On:
    9/22/2006 10:04am

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Hannibal had it right. Eat lots of fresh fruit. And don't overcook your meat.

Cheers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast