Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2006 1:15pm

Style: ITF Taekwon-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oldman, we have a 49 year old at TKD (ITF) who is a great sparrer, and he can knock this 16 year old bitch out with a good solid cross to the face. As long as you can punch hard to head and side kick hard in stomach you can spar fine (depends on contact at your school), unless you're playing that stupid olympic game where you spin round and don't punch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2006 8:47pm

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll echo everyone's insight on injuries and pain.... they seem to last alot longer. However, my quickness does not seem to be affected. My flexability remains the same.

Rolling with well trained guys takes more out of me than it used to, but going against goobers of any age seems to be downright enjoyable. I have a better sense of what my opponents going to do than I did when I was younger. I have a better sense of when the technique is going to be effective on a wide variety of people.

If only I could go back......... oh well.

45 years is a long time to be in one place.

Posted On:
    10/07/2006 9:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DAMN! You meant in relation to MA?

When i saw the title of the thread I thought we were in for some kind of redneck confession....

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2006 4:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I don't think it has much affect on your skills(look at all the old kung fu masters) as long as you learn to adapt to your limitations and fight smarter not harder.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/17/2006 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondoguy
    Personally I don't think it has much affect on your skills(look at all the old kung fu masters) as long as you learn to adapt to your limitations and fight smarter not harder.
    :eusa_doh:
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    10/17/2006 6:24pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was looking at the few trophies I had collected from tournaments, and how many I got from selling and making money for myself and my family- traveling, home, nice food etc. Now that I am older, I realize that the sales trophies were more important than the MA trophies.
    That being said, their are alot of psychological advantages to being older, but all of them would work better in a younger body.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2006 7:28pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've got to be kidding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WHAT THE ****?

Please take up a different MA...like..........say..............suicide.

Your comment makes all TKD guys look retarded.

One more thing...I will let Randy Couture know that all he has to do is fight smarter.

I'm grindin' 'till I'm tired...

Posted On:
    10/22/2006 1:51pm

Style: Judo. Some BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've definitely noticed that at my current age (20) I am much slower to recover from injuries and training then I was ten years ago, in my prime. On the other hand, I have trained approximately 100,000% more in the last ten years of my life than in the ones before it.

Annnnnyway, on a serious note, I have noticed that at 20 I'm noticeably slower on the reflexes and leg speed than I was when I was 17 or so, but also much stronger in my upper body. If this trend is representative, then I expect age makes a pretty big difference physically. However, most adults who do MA for real that I know could kick my ass without breaking a sweat because they have typically trained much more than I have (esp. grappling arts.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/23/2006 11:16am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus
    I've definitely noticed that at my current age (20) I am much slower to recover from injuries and training then I was ten years ago, in my prime.
    The prime of life is ten years old?????

oh man

Why didn't anyone tell me?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456