Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by phillips09 View Post
    im near windsor ont. and want to know the best place i can go for kickboxing i have no additional training in any style of fighting any one know the goods?
    A quick google search shows that there's no place in Windsor that offers straight kickboxing.
    What type of kickboxing are you looking for?
    Team Xxtreme does Muay Thai:
    www.teamxxtreme.com
    MFC does K1 geared kickboxing
    www.mfcwindsor.com
    Central seems to have an MMA geared kickboxing program
    centralmma.com

Please note that I don't train in any of these places currently and this information is only based off what I gathered reading there sites and what I've got out of a few emails with some of them during my own research into finding a new gym. I'd consider someone who trains there, or represents the gym to be a more reliable source, but this is just my two cents.

Posted On:
    9/30/2009 6:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For just kickboxing, if you go with MFC you would also get access to weight training facilities and boot camp which is conditioning. They have videos on youtube you can check out.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/12/2009 2:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did a search on the forum for this topic, but couldn't find anything. It's in the same vein as this so I thought I'd ask in this thread:
    I noticed MFC claims to teach Kihon Karate: http://web.kihoncanadamma.com/
    Does anyone know about this style, and more importantly how it compares to other full contact karate styles? I've been searching for a new style lately and thought I'd look into full contact karate since I come from a traditional karate background and it'd be nice if some skills carried over to my next art. I can't seem to find any other full contact karate schools in the area, so I thought I'd ask about Kihon.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234