My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/19/2006 6:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    I have never heard of those either, but I got out in '95.

Back then, when we were out in the field, guys used to fight (literally) over the chicken a la king. I also remember that the dehydrated pork pattie MRE was to be avoided at all costs. I hope they shitcanned those evil fuckers.

Does anybody still refer to MREs as meals refusing to exit? Or are they better now?
    Anyone remember the dihydrated Beef Pattie? And my favorite of the olde ones was CORNED BEEF HASH!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 11:27am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chicken Tetrazzini isn't bad. Jambalaya is actually pretty good. I'm not a very picky eater, though.

P.S. -- Echo's 1SG was brewing coffee for some of us newbies yesterday, and when we went into his office to collect the bounty, he had cup a noodles, ramen noodles, and various other microwavable ramen stashed everywhere. I've never seen more ramen in my life, and I just got out of college. That's saying something.
    Last edited by Cassius; 9/20/2006 11:31am at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 12:55pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're in boot camp and you have internet access? Jesus, we were lucky if we could get a phone call out.

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 1:58pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    You're in boot camp and you have internet access? Jesus, we were lucky if we could get a phone call out.
    Actually I'm phased to V+ (permanent party privileges, hence the internet/phone/beer/fun access) at the Defense Language Institute now (and have been for a few weeks), I'm just too lazy to update my profile.

But don't worry, Basic is pretty much the Hug-A-Private program nowadays. Our company was hard-nosed about PT, but most aren't.

WARNING: To all those considering joining the Army for anything other than Infantry, DO NOT SHIP TO BASIC BETWEEN THE END OF MAY AND THE MIDDLE OF JULY. MORE THAN HALF OF YOUR COMPANY WILL BE MADE UP OF SPLIT OPS, AKA HIGH SCHOOLERS BETWEEN THEIR JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEARS. YOU WILL BE MISERABLE. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.
    Last edited by Cassius; 9/20/2006 2:05pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Infidel

Posted On:
    9/20/2006 11:21pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thing I hate about the C9 (M249), besides how high maintence it is, is that it's given to soldiers almost as a punishment. The new guys up here always get the C9. Some people argue that it's to teach them how to use it but I don't really buy that. More often than not it's given to the private fresh off basic because no one else wants to carry it. The 2 M249s in a squad/section are 80% of the firepower, doesn't make sence to give it to a wide-eyed private. I'll always give them to the two best corporals when I'm making the decision.

I'm trying out all the american rations. Canadian rations are the prefered ones in Nato apparently, I can trade one Canadian Ration for about 3 or 4 american ones (or a million british) but it's something different. Little on the greesy side though but the M&Ms and tobasco sause make up for it, usually.

I can't get over how team orientated the americans are. No matter who you are or what your after they always go out of their way to help you out. You guys are fucking awesome to work with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 8:03am

Style: Starting Strength

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark
    TThe 2 M249s in a squad/section are 80% of the firepower, doesn't make sence to give it to a wide-eyed private.
    I can't speak for the other U.S. forces; but in the Marine Corps the SAW is supposed to be given to the 2nd highest ranking person in each fireteam (the 1st of the four gets the M203).

Infidel

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 8:13am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going off topic a little (well maybe not) How is a marine squad organized? How many are in one and what do they use?
    I thought I heard somewhere that a US army squad is 5 guys and the marines have 8 or 12?
    We have 2 M249s and 2 M203s, personally I'd give the 249s to the more switched on guys. Unless you guys give the M203s to the first guy in the fire team because he's the team leader?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 10:34am

Style: Starting Strength

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going off topic a little (well maybe not) How is a marine squad organized? How many are in one and what do they use?
    Everything is based off the fireteam. Each four man fireteam has an M203 (team leader), SAW, and 2 M16s (assistant SAW gunner and a rifleman). Each squad consists of 3 fireteams plus one squad leader (who usually carries an M16).

So all together that makes 3 M203s, 3 SAWs, and 7 M16s.

Unless you guys give the M203s to the first guy in the fire team because he's the team leader?
    Yeah we give the 203 to the team leader. I'd hate to have it go to anyone less experienced.

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:09pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I carried a 203 in every single unit I served after AIT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0001.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	6459  

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    9/21/2006 12:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Bean Burrito MRE? Jambalaya? What in the blue ****?

When I enlisted we still had the Omlette with Ham and Chicken ala King. Both were mysteriously tinted green if I remember correctly.

Omelette with Ham, baby! **** yeah! ALWAYS the last **** left in the box after everything else was picked through. That and Corned Beef Trash.

Spaghetti was pretty good. I liked the hard-ass crackers with cheese (the secret to not having to **** in the field).
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast