Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,841
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Dual wielding M249s

    Here's an amusing video of someone dual wielding M249s.

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ

    I was actually amazed by how straight the guy was holding the weapons and how they didn't really list grotesquely in erroneous directions. They must be a lot easier to control than older SAWs which were using 7.62 cartridges.

    This has been your moment of armchair warrior zen, I guess.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  2. #2
    Neildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,045
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That made my day.


    Thanks dude.

  3. #3
    CannibalCrowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    440
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    HThey must be a lot easier to control than older SAWs which were using 7.62 cartridges.
    There were versions of the SAW that fired 7.62? I'm gonna have to request a little proof on that one because I've never heard of such a thing.

  4. #4
    AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."
    Airman Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scott AFB, IL
    Posts
    1,536
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalCrowley
    There were versions of the SAW that fired 7.62? I'm gonna have to request a little proof on that one because I've never heard of such a thing.
    Yah, I was always under the impression that those were spitting 5.56, am I mistaken?

    Awesome video, btw.




  5. #5
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,458
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SAWs were 5.56 - the purpose being that the ammo was interchangeable w/ the M16. You could actually take your magazine out of the M16 and pop it straight into the SAW if you ran out of linked ammo.
    Last edited by Devil; 9/12/2006 8:39am at .

  6. #6
    AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."
    Airman Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scott AFB, IL
    Posts
    1,536
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    SAWs were 5.56 - the purpose being that the ammo was interchangeable w/ the M16. You could actually take your magazine out of the M16 and pop it straight into the SAW if you ran out of linked ammo.
    The bit about the interchangable magazines, now that I did not know. Very cool. It's not like I'm ever gonna touch a SAW, but cool still.




  7. #7
    Carpe Noctem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Too close to Flint
    Posts
    899
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no 7.62 SAWs. The previous LMG was the M60. I've had to carry both...

    Why the hell can't I ever get an M4?

  8. #8
    CannibalCrowley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    440
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    The bit about the interchangable magazines, now that I did not know. Very cool. It's not like I'm ever gonna touch a SAW, but cool still.
    Meh, it's not like it works too often anyway.

  9. #9
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,458
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalCrowley
    Meh, it's not like it works too often anyway.

    This is true.

  10. #10
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now the hog, that was a real gun. I hated the SAWs.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO