Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 12:08am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was born with a broken collarbone (That **** wuz tight, yo!) Also, my parents were coke heads, and they lost track of a razor and I sliced my back open when I was rolling around on the floor. I've got about a 8" scar from it still. I can't even begin to count how many times I've fucked my hands up punching people or concrete walls or parking meters. Oh, and my elbows always hurt.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 2:07am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My knee's are fucked up. I busted my left knee in summer '05. Fixed them now, but they still ache every now and then. Yeah, the left one was really hurt, but the right one was damaged too (bad squats). Sucks.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 12:52pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Torn L5 from last year, has healed nicely. Though, quick turns and rotation of my hips past a certain point lead to me having leg problems the next day.

I figure another 3 or so more months, it's been 4 since I last trained, and 2 since I last rolled should do the trick, and I'll be back training again.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 1:24pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just the highlights

I know the OP said best injury, but it amuses me to list some of my highlights.

In High School:
    -Broken ribs from being kicked while on the ground. Multiple opponents FTW.
    -Stabbed on right side of stomach.
    -A few concussions from fights and wrestling throws.
    -Small fracture of index knuckle, punching a guy in the face.
    -Shot in the ass with rock salt while invading someone's home. Not to steal, but because I was a closet ninja trying to test my stealth skills. Yes, I was that stupid, although getting shot in the ass pretty much cured me of that nonsense.

Twenties:
    -Shredded left knee falling out of a tree. It's never been the same.
    -Multiple piercings from nail and staple guns, including one three-and-a-quarter inch nail fully sunk into my left thigh.
    -One curved nail that entered second joint of middle finger and came out just under the tip of my fingernail. That was kind of cool looking as it appeared I had a steel claw coming out of my fingertip. I had to pull it out REAL slow though because it was curved. Good times.
    -Cut off the end of my thumb with a circular saw. Doc was able to sew it back on.
    -Knocked out four times on various jobsites by people dropping things from above. I've been KTFO in sparring practice too, but that is almost too minor to mention.

Thirties:
    -Both arms popped by armbars because I used to be too stupid to tap OR assholes who didn't let go when I did say tap.
    -Torn meniscus in right knee requiring staples
    -Various knee joint trauma
    -Multiple cases of torn connective tissue in ribs and shoulders.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My whole life can be recounted as a collection of injuries.

Below are the ones that are top-of-mind.

1. I've broken every finger at least once during many years of football, baseball and basketball.

2. Severely sprained both ankles (not at the same time) running into holes playing soccer and football.

3. Dislocated shoulder sliding head-first into 3rd base (actually, into the crouched knee of the third baseman).

4. Broken hand punching a face.

5. Broken hand punching a wall (fucking studs).

6. Cracked rib (elbow)

7. Dislocated shoulder (being thrown and not knowing how to break-fall)

8. I can't even count how many times I've had stitches in my body and head for various accidents.

9. Had glass surgically removed from my hands due to punching a guy who was standing behind a plate-glass window (I showed him).

10. Several stitches in my finger and head, and a compound fracture at the end of my finger from an attempted robbery that included my getting hit several times w/ the butt of a .45. In case you care...the robber ended up worse than me.

11. Hyper-extended my neck in high school football (nice life-long back pain there).

Also...I was a witness to a pretty brutal sports injury.

I was playing right field when the batter hit a foul ball pop up between third base and the catcher. Both the third baseman and the catcher run to catch it...and they collide chest to chest. All I heard was a loud pop.

Come to find out that the loud pop was my third-basemen's cup. The catcher's knee broke his cup, the cup split is sack...and he eventually ended up loosing a nut.

That was 17 years ago. To this day we still call him "Nutsy."

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/15/2006 5:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only had one serious MA related injury. I took a full round kick to the head and didn't wake up till the next morning when I found myself in hospital.

Aside from that my worst injury was when I broke my wrist skating.
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 12:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp
    2. Severely sprained both ankles (not at the same time) running into holes playing soccer and football.
    I did the same thing playing soccer...also falling down stairs while drunk. And kicking stuff.....while drunk. My ankles are really bendy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp
    Also...I was a witness to a pretty brutal sports injury.

I was playing right field when the batter hit a foul ball pop up between third base and the catcher. Both the third baseman and the catcher run to catch it...and they collide chest to chest. All I heard was a loud pop.

Come to find out that the loud pop was my third-basemen's cup. The catcher's knee broke his cup, the cup split is sack...and he eventually ended up loosing a nut.

That was 17 years ago. To this day we still call him "Nutsy."
    Weird, i heard of almost the exact same thing happening. cup split, caught a nut, and snapped back shut. dude minus one nut, but no clever nickname.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 2:38pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm... I really want to invest in a metal cup now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 3:28pm

Style: FMA/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unless some one has lost both nuts, someone may as well lock this thread and we can all go home?

Posted On:
    9/16/2006 9:01pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reminds of when I still played football. This one guy thought he was too hardcore to wear a cup. Well one day we're running through a play and you hear all the usual carnage. Then this god-awful sound comes from across the field from where I was at (I was a linebacker, but had broken through the offensive line) and I hear whistles and the coaches are running over to the sound. Turns out the dude was tackled, but the tackler's face grill had broken, and a piece of grill cut through the guy's nutsack and had severed one of his testicles which was now lying on the field.

Last I heard, the guy refuses to do ANY kind of sport without a cup on.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast