• Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2003 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, although im new to forums i have been following them for some time just reading topics and stuff. Regarding ninjutsu, I found a dojo in my area in Sydney, Australia. http://www.bujinkan.iwarp.com/
    The site is not very detailed, and does not even describe their sensei or anything, but I'm wondering if any1 can tell me whether it looks like a good dojo and not a mcdojo. it says on the one page:

Beginners and new students are always welcome at training, but it is required that anyone who has not trained in the Bujinkan before to watch a class before joining the Dojo.

Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is a distinctive martial art, and is not for everyone. Watching a class will give you an indication of what is involved in training

If they actually want people to watch a class first, and arent trying to sign people up as soon as possible, then it doesnt look that bad.

your opinions...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 5:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bah no1s even reading this

X

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 5:21am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes we are. I've never seen a Bujinkan class or anything, but they are a bit controversial organization. The historical background of their teachings is somewhat in doubt. BUT not everyone cares about such things; from what I know it's an OK martial art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 5:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check it out, ive used bujinkan techniques in real life, they strike throw and lock/choke and cover weponry. unfort the standard in bjkn varies a lot theres some bad schools and some very very good schools, check out the jkd vs bjkn thread!

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 6:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It varies - they could literally really just be JKD/MMA/Submission fighting or they could be traditional reinactments.

"Wrestling is the Martial Art of America";
    "If you don't know how to wrestle you don't know how to fight, that's the prerequisite to fighting" David Tank Abbott
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 6:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    since you have no knoledge of any REAL trad japanese arts how bout you shut the fukk up blade, dullard.

go watch try if ya like it do it, but keep an open mind

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 8:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Bujinkan is a well known organization

So you could check if the Dojo is truly affiliated with them or not quite easily.

AS for their teaching of "Ninjutsu" as someone here posted that is a mater of controversy. Some claim they do, others claim they are in fact teaching a combination of almost gone Koryu Ju-Jutsu styles, and others would claim it's a modern combination of the latter.

None of this historic controversy has got anything to do with the actuall, quality of the school. At least in this regard they were very honest and gave a very sound advice - GO and SEE for YOURSELF.

Amir

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 9:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watching the class... oh well, if they insist. Most let you dive right in...

It doesn't matter whether it's just a 'koryu ju jutsu style' or 'original traditional'. It's not like Hatsumi just made it up.

Find out what rank the sensei is. Also ask to see his CURRENT YEAR shidoshi-kai card.

How things are taught in Bujinkan dojos can vary. Some go with full contact sparring, some don't spar at all. Some do a lot of outdoor stuff. Some just stay inside. Go there, find out if it works for you. Some stress conditioning and endurance, many don't.

The basic techniques are all the same...

What is strange is, that the websites theme of the year is of 2002...

Edited by - kuroneko on July 20 2003 09:39:55

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2003 9:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you need more specific information, I suggest www.e-budo.com
    They have a lot more bujinkan people there, and also some that could actually tell you about the sensei...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2003 7:40am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's listed in the "Yellow Pages" section of www.winjutsu.com, which is the most comprehensive listing of dojos I know of. Not 100% sure of it, but as far as I know those are all legit Bujinkan dojos. There are several others in Australia.

The format explained on www.bujinkan.iwarp.com sounds perfectly congruent with the organization, and personally I take the minimalism of the site as a good sign. It would be nice to have a dojo-cho's name, but just email for more information or go to the school.