Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414748495051 52535455 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 3:30pm

Style: Youn Wha Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another translation confirmation for you guys...

회장 한 만 회

I am getting "chairman of 1 million times"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 4:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FIXED -

It means Chairman Han, Man Hee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2007 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can you name this form?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCV-Ji-huwY

Just wondering if anyone has seen this form before.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 3:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to watch, but it said it had been pulled by the user.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/19/2007 10:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar
    I tried to watch, but it said it had been pulled by the user.
    I had it up for a couple of days and took it down yesterday.
    There is another thread on the topic of the videos I posted.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 11:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What year was this Grandmaster Han born? His training under Byung In-Yun may not have been possible since he was detained in N Korea for anumber of years...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2009 11:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found that he was born May 9, 1938. His bio says he started training under Yoon Byung-In when he was 13, which would be 1951. Oddly, this is the same year that Byung-In was put into a N Korean POW camp until 1966. Still in N Korea, he worked to promote TKD in N Korea until he died in 1983. So unless GMH was able to magically cross the N Korean border and receive training from a detained prisoner, he's full of ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 10:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I just found that he was born May 9, 1938. His bio says he started training under Yoon Byung-In when he was 13, which would be 1951. Oddly, this is the same year that Byung-In was put into a N Korean POW camp until 1966. Still in N Korea, he worked to promote TKD in N Korea until he died in 1983. So unless GMH was able to magically cross the N Korean border and receive training from a detained prisoner, he's full of ****.
    The problem is back in the 80's when GMH's story was translated it was done poorly - GMH didn't know much english and the translator wasn't very good. So ultimately no one here is going to be satisfied because
    no one in YW has sat down with him to ask him directly with a translator out of respect. He is old school korean and if you know anything about korean history it is very disrespectful to question your instructors history.

So poor translation and miscommunication has probably askewed some things. You have to realize GMH still to this day speaks very little english.

But long story short you can't blame the instructor's of today because they have been told this and that about GMH. There is no reason to not trust him or not believe him - none that I have seen yet. I just chalk up some of the history dates to mistranslation.

Now if you guys can get GM Kim Soo that teaches in Houston, TX to talk about GM Han then you are getting further than I could. GM Kim Soo is well known and knows GM Han but he wouldn't say anything other than that he knows GM Han. They both are the same age and came over from the U.S. at similar times. Their styles are similar and GM Kim Soo did train with some of the big names back then. My guess is their is bad blood between GM Kim Soo and GM Han because at one point they trained together or something back in korea. I could be wrong though.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe Kim Soo won't talk about him because he's tired of telling everybody that Han is full of ****. My advice is that you sit GMH down and explain to him that everyone thinks he's full of **** because of translation problems, and that if he doesn't set the record straight, that's the legacy he'll leave. And I thought his son, raised in the US, handled his translations... I found that in a forum here, but I don't remember where.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/28/2009 12:22pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Maybe Kim Soo won't talk about him because he's tired of telling everybody that Han is full of ****. My advice is that you sit GMH down and explain to him that everyone thinks he's full of **** because of translation problems, and that if he doesn't set the record straight, that's the legacy he'll leave. And I thought his son, raised in the US, handled his translations... I found that in a forum here, but I don't remember where.
    My advice to you is that you shut the **** up. You do not come on this forum and in three posts start dictating to people here what you think they need to do.

Either you contribute to this investigation, or you will find yourself removed.

Understood?
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414748495051 52535455 ... LastLast