Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:22pm

Style: Youn Wha Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Your belief is wrong
    It's sad when people jump in and say this - "your belief is wrong".
    I never have told anyone EVER that what they believed was wrong even
    when my OPINION was different. If I changed my belief everytime I met
    someone that didn't believe what I believed then I would have gone crazy years ago.

I am not forcing my beliefs down your throat so don't force your down mine.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to force a belief for it to be wrong. Sorry to brake the news to you but just because you believe it or its your opinino doesn't make it right. Given what you posted I think you need more study and research before espousing your opinion. If you want to hold on to your beliefs,well I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but if you post it and its wrong expect it to be called here.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't have to force a belief for it to be wrong. Sorry to brake the news to you but just because you believe it or its your opinino doesn't make it right. Given what you posted I think you need more study and research before espousing your opinion.
    I will do it when you listen to your own advice.

Just because you believe it wrong doesn't make it wrong.
    Let's just post loopback posts about I am wrong and you are wrong - then
    we can do it over again.

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by YounWha
    I will do it when you listen to your own advice.

Just because you believe it wrong doesn't make it wrong.
    Let's just post loopback posts about I am wrong and you are wrong - then
    we can do it over again.
    Incorrect. I can PROVE your belief is wrong, there is the difference. :icon_cool
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incorrect. I can PROVE your belief is wrong, there is the difference. :icon_cool
    Then quit wasting time and do it...

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already started.

Nor do I waste time you are but a small fish to fry today.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 3:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already started.

Nor do I waste time you are but a small fish to fry today.
    Yack yack yack -

You opened your mouth - so go ahead and stick your foot in it until
    you have something to say worthy.

I am at least trying to help enlighten some of these people. Now narrow
    minded people or people firmly grounded in their belief may not agree.
    I am not trying to dislodge their beliefs in what they believe - just open
    their eyes and ears to what I believe.

So either "prove" something or keep your fingers off the keyboard- but this
    is a free country so if you want to reply to something that has no proof - go ahead....I bet you will.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts are about fighting, but they are about more than that. They help you find an place inside you where real growth occurs.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 4:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only one problem with that statement - it is all based on what you think a martial art is. If you think a martial art is football because football has contact - it is competitive - there is a winner and a loser - you hit people in football - your "fighting" for the control of the ball...so is football a martial art?
    There is no problem if you can comprehend the term you are using.

MARTIAL ART is a term made up of two words.

Martial adj.
    1 : of, relating to, or suited for war or a warrior
    2 : relating to an army or to military life
    3 : experienced in or inclined to war : WARLIKE

Art n.
    1 : skill acquired by experience, study, or observation <the art of making friends>
    2 a : a branch of learning: (1) : one of the humanities (2) plural : LIBERAL ARTS b archaic : LEARNING, SCHOLARSHIP
    3 : an occupation requiring knowledge or skill <the art of organ building>
    4 a : the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects; also : works so produced b (1) : FINE ARTS (2) : one of the fine arts (3) : a graphic art
    5 a archaic : a skillful plan b : the quality or state of being artful
    6 : decorative or illustrative elements in printed matter
    synonyms ART, SKILL, CUNNING, ARTIFICE, CRAFT mean the faculty of executing well what one has devised. ART implies a personal, unanalyzable creative power <the art of choosing the right word>. SKILL stresses technical knowledge and proficiency <the skill of a glassblower>. CUNNING suggests ingenuity and subtlety in devising, inventing, or executing <a mystery plotted with great cunning>. ARTIFICE suggests technical skill especially in imitating things in nature <believed realism in film could be achieved only by artifice>. CRAFT may imply expertness in workmanship <the craft of a master goldsmith>.

The modern usage of the term was in 1933 using it to translate the Japanese term BUJUTSU which is made of up of two characters BU (WAR) and JUTSU(Method/Technique)

However the term was also used in various forms during the Medival and Rennasciance area, most notably in fencing manual. Arte di Martial, Martiall Artes, and others were used denoting skills used fro combat. Therefore its not a matter of what one THINKS a MA is because it has been defined for centuries. The ONLY criteria being that it is a SKILL used for COMBAT whether large scale or personal.

So your example of football, to be clear AMERICAN FOOTBALL so we don't confuse our world wide members, was founded as a GAME for leisure just like Basketball or Baseball thus your example fails to make sense.

Let's talk about American Boxing - it is defined as a sport, not a martiat art.
    Can someone show me a definition of a boxer (american) with with word martial art in it?
    Actually is ENGLISH BOXING. And here is what I found in my first goolge search
    Boxing, also called pugilism, Western Boxing, prizefighting (when referring to professional boxing) or the sweet science (a common nickname among fans), is a sport and martial art in which two participants of similar weight fight each other with their fists in a series of one to three-minute intervals called "rounds". In both Olympic and professional divisions, the combatants (called boxers or fighters) avoid their opponent's punches while trying to land punches of their own. Points are awarded for clean, solid blows to the legal area on the front of the opponent's body above the waistline, with hits to the head and torso being especially valuable. The fighter with the most points after the scheduled number of rounds is declared the winner. Victory may also be achieved if the opponent is knocked down and unable to get up before the referee counts to ten (a Knockout, or KO) or if the opponent is deemed too injured to continue (a Technical Knockout, or TKO). For record-keeping purposes, a TKO is counted as a knockout. On boxers' records, only KO's are mentioned. Technical knockouts are usually only mentioned in contemporaneous news articles.
    emphasis mine.

Again showing that you are WRONG in saying no one calls Boxing a Martial Art.

where is this mystical mumbo jumbo comment coming from?
    merely and example.

I can't remember me saying Taijiquan as a MA does not require fighting but ok ...
    REALLY NOW and here you posted:
    What about Tai Chi - it's an internal martial art and does not require fighting...but many do not kow it has fighting/self defense techniques.
    again emphasis mine.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Martial arts are about fighting, but they are about more than that. They help you find an place inside you where real growth occurs.
    So how did you keep everyone from jumping down your throat?
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast