Posted On:
    9/11/2006 5:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Shinobi,
    you googled for Mike Pick yet?
    A soldier boy and a grappler and your saying what I do is gay!
    Hit da beach.
    TB

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 10:38am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bone
    whats larry tatums story? i cant find anything on him.....is he as much a corn-ball as Ed Parker?

Hey Shinoballs,
    Larry T was Ed Parkers protege at one point (for about 5 mins) until it went to his head and he started hiiting the cash register while hitting on the the "moms", so Ed kicked him out.
    As for Parker being a corn ball I think you should take that one up with a Kenpo guy called Mike Pick, good luck soldier boy.....army combatves Whah, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, can I stop now
    I always wondred about Parker. He left Hawaii as a shodan and opened up a school in U.S. . How did he get from 1st dan to 10th dan. Must be the Airport promotions.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Sempaiman,
    everyone knows that it was the Japanese and the Koreans that this applies to they left Tokyo/Seoul as 1st Dans and landed in L.A. / London as 5th Dans, I suppose that must have been the inflight promotions.
    All you guys with Asian names have been had wooooohah hah hah.
    OSS

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 12:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Sempaiman,
    everyone knows that it was the Japanese and the Koreans that this applies to they left Tokyo/Seoul as 1st Dans and landed in L.A. / London as 5th Dans, I suppose that must have been the inflight promotions.
    All you guys with Asian names have been had wooooohah hah hah.
    OSS
    Good point, but also apllies to guys like Robert Trias (and other American service man), who left as brown belts and landed 4th degree balck. Parker just must have gotten the Greyhound station promotions.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 1:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are KempoFist and Clyde when you need them? Those two are this sites "well of mullet dawning Ke_po knowledge."

Either that or SeArCh FuNcTiOn n00b for Tatum and Parker. There are a ton of threads referrencing those two guys on this site.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 1:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are KempoFist and Clyde when you need them? Those two are this sites "well of mullet dawning Ke_po knowledge."
    Clyde and knowledge should not be used in the same sentence, he makes it up as he goes.
    Depending on who you talk to ,all of Ed Parkers rank was awarded to him by a guy called Chow, whom again depending on who you talked to was one mean ****. who died a deranged jesus freak, according to a LTK instructor!

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 4:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clyde and knowledge should not be used in the same sentence, he makes it up as he goes.
    Depending on who you talk to ,all of Ed Parkers rank was awarded to him by a guy called Chow, whom again depending on who you talked to was one mean ****. who died a deranged jesus freak, according to a LTK instructor!
    Once he opened his school he only so Chow every so often. In fact I thought I read they did not even get along after. So who promoted him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 6:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well there you go he said ,she said!
    when you are dealing with a legend like Ed, who has contributed more than anyone to U.S. Martial Arts, then you will hear all sorts of stuff, hmmmmmm ok like the one when Joe Lewis (the karate marine not the real joe lewis) back down from a challenge with Ed one thursday night in Passedena because "The rules of engagment were unclear", mmmmwhoa, ha,ha,ha, friggin grunts!
    TB
    do any limey's post here, they are great to F*** around with, they talk a lot but say nothing, New Jersey is bigger than england, right?
    Last edited by Tom Bone; 9/11/2006 6:17pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 7:16pm

Style: None. Again.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well there you go he said ,she said!
    when you are dealing with a legend like Ed, who has contributed more than anyone to U.S. Martial Arts, then you will hear all sorts of stuff, hmmmmmm ok like the one when Joe Lewis (the karate marine not the real joe lewis) back down from a challenge with Ed one thursday night in Passedena because "The rules of engagment were unclear", mmmmwhoa, ha,ha,ha, friggin grunts!
    TB
    do any limey's post here, they are great to F*** around with, they talk a lot but say nothing, New Jersey is bigger than england, right?
    Sounds like you need to spend more time masturbating or knitting or anything else to keep your hands occupied and away from the keyboard.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell are we arguing about here? Ed Parker was originally a student of Chow. I'm not sure what rank he got, but from interviews I've read he was more of a student of Emperado before Emperado left to found Kajukenbo. Larry Tatum was a top student of Parker in the American Kenpo system, and is now one of the leading authorities of the system.

Ke?po guys of all lineages and systems have been well known to engage in either self promotion, or the lesser evil of skipping ranks by making nice nice with higher dans of other systems. For example when Professor Cerio passed away, alot of Kempo guys who claimed lineage to him (that used to claim lineage to Villari till they thumbed their nose at his tactics) were forced to seek out a new authority so that they retained some form of legitimacy. Original Kaju guys such as Godin, Gascon and even Emperado himself were some of the top guys sought out to join association with, with other's such as Kimo were second string so to speak on the who to seek for rank. Others sought out the Shaolin Temple of all places to claim lineage to.

Unfortunately all in all though, skipping rank (such as 4th to 7th 8th) in Kempo is all too common, and really speaks volumes in itself as to the worth of rank in most Kempo orgs nowadays. I mean if your instructor is just buying rank and ass kissing to stay ahead of his students, then what does it matter anymore?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast