Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2006 5:23pm

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happycrow
    Though I don't go in for toeing a heavy bag in the first place -- that ain't real bright.
    Happycrow can you elaborate on this?
    Do you mean kicking it with bare toes isn't bright,
    or kicking it with shoed toes is bad
    ... or what??

Maybe I should stop kicking it with my shoe-clad tootsie ... but I don't know why.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    I haven't a clue. I know many fighters condition their shins on the lower portion of a heavybag... maybe they simply do the same with their instep?
    Thats what I do. I also like to kick hard immovable objects (trees, posts, etc) with my shoes on. Here's an alternative method that someone just sent me a link to. http://youtube.com/watch?v=axw7DaYuXk8 When he lines up the kick, he's using his shin, but it looks like he's hitting with the instep when he's actually doing the kick.

My approach is about like OldMan's, being a 5'8" midget myself. I'll also occsionally use the ball of the foot to the solar plexus if I notice someone is trying to cover their stomach by just dropping their elbow down and in close to the body. Kind of sneak the foot in between their forearms.
    Last edited by TEA; 11/17/2006 10:56am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2006 10:59am

Style: savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster
    Maybe I should stop kicking it with my shoe-clad tootsie ... but I don't know why.
    Nah, I kick a heavy bag all the time. Spent about an hour and half last night working on tiny details of my fouette' doing it. But unless you're using shoes built up heavily enough that none of your friends are going to want to be kicked by them, I just personally wouldn't spear or mining-pick a heavy bag with my toe: there's just not enough structure there to protect it.

Now, wearing street shoes or heavy sneakers (which pretty much means all sneakers nowadays), that's different.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    11/29/2006 10:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happycrow
    Nah, I kick a heavy bag all the time. Spent about an hour and half last night working on tiny details of my fouette' doing it. But unless you're using shoes built up heavily enough that none of your friends are going to want to be kicked by them, I just personally wouldn't spear or mining-pick a heavy bag with my toe: there's just not enough structure there to protect it.

Now, wearing street shoes or heavy sneakers (which pretty much means all sneakers nowadays), that's different.
    Steel toed Sketchers are my friends.

http://www.skechers.com/catalog/brow...styleCode=4059
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456