Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't you strengthen your ankles with squats and deadlifts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2006 11:58pm

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    You probably could. But you'll just be covering up poor technique.
    The time practicing kicks with the instep and working to build the ankle could be better spent working on hitting with the shin.

I know it took me a while to get my range right...

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 10:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    um, how the **** do you do a roundhouse and hit someone with the heel? i am seriously intrigued by that one. you have super double jointed knees or something?
    He might mean gedan kakato geri. It's a sneaky kick and can hurt pretty good if you do it right. I've never seen it used anywhere else but low and to the thigh though.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 10:10am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And for my own $0.02, I use the instep sometimes and have never had a problem with it. I like using it for chudan mawashi geris to the obliques and gedans to the inside of the thigh mostly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 10:48am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower
    He might mean gedan kakato geri. It's a sneaky kick and can hurt pretty good if you do it right. I've never seen it used anywhere else but low and to the thigh though.

I guess any higher than the hip and it'll be called an axe-kick
    Damn that kick looks nasty. And a bonus is it probably won't hurt you if your opponent decides to shin check your kick.

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 11:43am

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My response would be a prompt "What the Hell man!?" Much like Brian said to Stewie after Stewie broke a glass over his face for stiffing him on a bet.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I cracked someone with this kick fairly lightly in sparring once and they had to sit out for a few minutes. It can be a pretty nasty kick if you catch someone just right.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    That the first thing that I first thought when I created this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shard
    I know it took me a while to get my range right...
    That's another reason why I created the thread :tongue3: Whenever I get the chance to have the heavy bags hanged in the gym, I go at them. I'm getting the range little by little to kick with the shin, but every know and then I kick with the instep.

It doesn't hurt me that much, either with the shin or the instep... BUT, just recently, I missed and kicked with the instep, and one of the veins bulged into a small bubble. That **** freaked me out, stopped completely, put some tiger balm and wrapped it thight until the bulge was gone...

... God knows I suck and I don't know what the **** I'm doing :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 11:56am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I cracked someone with this kick fairly lightly in sparring once and they had to sit out for a few minutes. It can be a pretty nasty kick if you catch someone just right.
    How do you generate "powah" for it???
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/11/2006 11:56am

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I think a good possible counter would to shin kick the underside of their leg as they 'assumed the position'.

Either that or take like a maaann and grumble 'I like it'
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast