Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Tae Bombo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tae Bombo

Ok this one is very rare, all I can find is a poster and the name of the founder.

Gustave Bombo founded "Tae Bombo" I think he is a karate instructor. The only place I can find it taught is at a Florida Fitness location:
    http://www.myfloridafitness.com/classdescriptions.htm
    Where it is described as:
    Fun-filled, high intensity workout! Mix of martial arts and Tae Boxing.

Get ready to challenge your body at a new levelů!
    A new style of martial art and sport combat on foot designed by Gustave Bombo in 1997, specially designed for the body & spirit, its symbol, a "Way of Life".
    Here is the poster:
    Last edited by Askari; 9/08/2006 7:19pm at .
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd join for the boat ride

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tae Bombo? Sounds like the name of some Rastafarian paddling around in a boat trying to sell weed to tourists.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe Tae Bambo is his own spin on cardio-kickboxing (or Tae-Bo) and normally marketed as such.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the hell is cardio kickboxing? i hear about cardio kickboxing all the time, is it just like richard simmons throwing jabs to the 80's? is there anyone who calls themself a cardio kickboxer?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar42Ox
    what the hell is cardio kickboxing? i hear about cardio kickboxing all the time, is it just like richard simmons throwing jabs to the 80's? is there anyone who calls themself a cardio kickboxer?

I heard he was like 400-0 or something.....

Man that poster just screams pedophile, don't it?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the cardio kickboxing I've seen is semi-close to actual kickboxing training, lots of drills on pads (and bags if they have 'em), and conditioning; so the techniques are the same, there's just absolutely no discussion of fighting or training for such...as opposed to tae-bo and stuff that's more of an aerobic class that happens to have some 'kicks' and 'punches' and perhaps even 'knees' as some of the moves. But to be fair, I haven't come across much cardio kickboxing, and I'd imagine there's a wide range of it...I think it mostly comes down to who's teaching it.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah man! This is tomorrow nite! Ok guys (Askari, Stringfellow, Jaric and everyone else in Ottawa) we'll converge at the Dominian Tavern in the Market @ 6:00 and head over to the cruise after. I just hope you all have a Hawaiian shirt and safari or capri shorts. (Grappling/MMA shorts are not acceptable attire).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cardio kickboxing in the gyms I've seen it in has always been the instructor calling out combos that the students throw on the bags to a fast pace, usually involves doing other exercises between combos aswell. It's actually a hell of a workout and fighters would frequently jump into the "cardio class" when not doing anything else because it's tiring as **** if you do it properly.

Most cardio kickboxer types just kind of sloppily throw their techniques on the bag just hard enough to make a little contact. Pacing themselves basically, there is no thought to fighting, it's jsut a fun way to exercise and cardio places i;ve seen are honest with their students that it's just exercise and if they want to learn self defense they'll want to change programs.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, generally if the instructor actually knows things about kickboxing, they'll coach the few students who are up for it on how to actually throw a jab, cross, etc and yell at them about keeping their hands up; otherwise it's just about working up a sweat

Page 1 of 3 123 Last