Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are some of the sites containing the Worlds Youngest Black Belts!

http://ksdi.net/wybb.htm
    http://www.newstimes.com/archive98/apr0698/spc.htm
    http://www.nctimes.net/news/100900/mm.html
    http://www.choikwangdo.org.uk/ActionShots/Gobbley/promotion.htm

What do you guys think about these MINI-BB's? Personally, they make me want to puke.

Once upon a time a black belt meant something. Now people are getting them before they are potty-trained. Things to do before Kindergarten: learn to write my name, learn to say my name, learn to use full sentances, GET A BLACK BELT!?!?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. I'm impressed. Although considering my kid wears my finger-free gloves and I roll with him as he tries to escape and throws punches and kicks I'm willing to bet his 3 year old butt is better prepared for a fight than these black belts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what a bunch of crap

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, let me pose a question: at your school(s), what age is thge right age for a 1st dan? At what age would you consider handing out Junior Black belts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 8:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When you can perform the test to the same standard that you deem from a teen or adult then you earn your belt. Junior belts?!? Not sure I agree with that either. At what point does the junior belt become an official belt?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 9:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those black belt things were pathetic! Except I actually liked the little asian chick, she kicked ass!

Migos heteroasexually challaged (everyone all the time)
  7. Michael

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 2:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hold Jr. Blackbelts to the same knowledge and comparative skill of their teen and adults which would mean it would take 3 years for coordinated, kinetic genius, and academic genius to get there blackbelt....repeat after me.....they...are...full...of ....shiiit. You can quote me on that.

Jr. Blackbelts are just that until the age of 16 in our school. If they don't like it I point the door to them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 9:30am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just received a flyer in the mail the other day from a McDojo advertising a "Lil Ninjas" program for 3-6 year olds. Then I was driving around and saw in the window of a different McDojo another ad for "Lil Ninjas." Is this a new tread in marketing? It makes me sick. Are they trying to lure kids into a delusion that they are their Saturday morning ninja hereos?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 9:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of schools have those programs for 3-6 year olds but keep them in white belts until they are ready for harder classes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/03/2002 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's nothing wrong with little kids participating in martial arts. Whether its for fun or fitness, or the development of self discipline . . . I don't care. Kids in martial arts are great. Hopefully they'll get their parents involved. And if nothing else its a hell of alot better than soccer.

I teach my kids Kali with some Muay Thai and grappling (JJ and wrestling) thrown in (85% Kali though) and they love it. They have fun, they work hard, and they are developing sound self-defense habits. Are they black-belts? Hell no.

Lil-Ninjas and programs like them are fine by me as long as the program is run with the understanding that the real benefits in the program are found by participating and not by putting on a questionable black belt. Participation good, self-delusion bad.

And in all fairness, I think the last link was a joke. The adult seems to have taken off their belt and given it to the child for the photo-op. Its cute, and that's all I think it was meant to be.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast