Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 8:22pm

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just bought those from ringside. They do offer more protection, however, I wouldn't say it offers much more. The biggest problem you will run into is that your glove won't fit anymore. My glove, (Ultimate Classic Thumbless Glove: http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL_Ultim....ASPX?ID=25145)
    used to fit perfectly for bag work, now it doesn't fit as well with those wraps. Overall, I'd say only use it if your gloves are slightly too big and don't provide enough protection for your knuckles.

As for the regular gel-gloves that don't have the wrappings with them suck, I wouldn't bother buying a pair.

I love Mexican-style handwraps because they don't bunch up and crinkle around the knuckles and they 'breath' much better than the classic style ones. The extra 10" also helps if you have big hands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 2:01pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use ringside mexican style hand wraps. I wrap my hands differently depending on which hand im wrapping at the time. I'll usually wrap my wrist and knuckles abit tighter on my power hand to provide some added support. So the extra length and elasiticity of the mexican style are good for my purposes.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12