Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 2:17pm

Style: Pancrase

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, ronaldK.. you really dondt seem to know much about kicking hard... there is an important reason to swing your hand back as you connect=added power! great form kidspatula!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    on another note... why are both you and the thai dude in your sig with your guard down during that kick? :p

looks to me as tho if your potential opponents sidestepped to your right, they could pop you in the face.
    I dunno, I guess our tae kwon do needs work :(
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 3:52pm

Style: Pancrase

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice post, thanks for the vids!
    Awesome down round kicks!
    Does anybody else know this kick as the "brazilian kick"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 4:17pm

Style: MT Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero
    Here's a definition from Pedro Villalobos book:Fighting Strategies of Muay Thai. It'll describe it better than I can.

"Rather than allowing the energy to travel forward in a straight line, the fighter adds the sixth power of triangulation by pushing his fist downward upon impact. The fighter literally drives the energy into the target and down toward the ground.
    The thai fighter's fist rides this downward circle like a wave and returns like a whip to the guard position. Thus the energy is "triangulated" from the figher's feet, up through the body and shoulder, out through the arm and fist, into the opponent, and then back down to the ground under the opponent's feet, where it theoretically rebounds."

It appears to me that is how the thai fighter is throwing punches in the video and that is how my MT instructor taught me to throw punches.
    I can pretty much guarantee that the above description is written by Marc van ??? the co-author of the book .... I have trained/ Am again (soon) to be training with Pedro in Thailand . There's a couple of things in the book that I've asked pedro about, that seemed weird or over complicated & more often then not Pedro will say "That's a Marc thing"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 7:40pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IannaI77
    wow, ronaldK.. you really dondt seem to know much about kicking hard... there is an important reason to swing your hand back as you connect=added power! great form kidspatula!
    hey, i'm just a noob asking. does the added power come from thrusting your arms downwards/backwards? thought this was a good thread to ask.

yeah kid, your TKD needs work, but then again so does my muay thai :(

I JOKE, I KID, before anyone starts their flamethrower.

seriously tho, and this is an honest question, doesn't it ever happen? someone circles around and pops you in the face?

i think it would be similar to a back kick where you bring your head down to give your heel more altitude to get it up to their chin, and they whack you in the head after they move out of the way (seen it happen).

/noob trying to learn
    Last edited by ronaldk; 1/09/2007 7:45pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not really because generally, people arent that ninja fast that they can move in and throw the punch before getting hit. unless you telegraph too much

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/09/2007 8:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you really look at the picture, our heads are pretty far away from any sort of punching range. Sure, if I flubbed the kick and he came rushing in I'd probably eat one, but generally I'll be off line and ready to move for an incoming counter punch.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2007 9:54pm

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for posting these vids Spatula, hope your fight went well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 11:31am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks a lot for posting this, finally I've realized why I couldn't get the damn straight right (hey, I'm a MT n00b).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2007 1:27pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking at the original video on the first page I have some comments.

Now these guy could obviously kick my ass, and for the most part the round kicks are nice... but the spinning back and side kicks... geez. These guys could generate so much more power with better technique. I'm guess these kicks are not empasized that much in Thai training from the looks.

A little TKD cross training (yes blasphemy, I know) in these kicks could really help out methinks. Cause geez... I'm not a fighter but I have a harder spinning back kick then that guy and can keep my balance afterwards.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast