Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 11:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No to the first question, yes to the second question. Who's Pedro Villalobos?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    The idea of going above and beyond in training so you can put for a solid effort during an actual fight? Definitely agree with that idea. I just don't get the emphasis on turning your head around.
    Not so much putting in more effort, as much as overcompensating on the technique so that when you fight and youre technique gets sloppy, you'll do the technique right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 10:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as checking your six when kicking... It is a matter of six on one hand, and a half a dozen on the other. It is one man's philosphy versus another's. It does not make it right, or wrong. It is just what worked for him (the instructor), or a mnemonic device to aide in his teaching.

Don't sweat the small stuff, which is what alot of people seem to do here. If what they practice is different than what you practice. Alot of the the time people here are quick to call it Bullshido, or poor teaching technique. You can go to 20 different MT camps in Thailand and they will show you 20 different small variations of a technique and claim their way is better than everone else technique.

Ist machts nichts.

Enjoy your Saturday,

LG

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    About the overcompensation during training to gain a better grasp on tenchnique in a real fight--I'm not sure. Granted, I'm no expert in combat. Not yet, anyway.

I have, however, had my butt handed to me a few times. I do think that the harder you train the better your results will be. I think the rest of it has more to do with keeping your wits about you when assaulted. That comes from the mental conditioning provided in reality based training. How to avoid tunnel vision, how to stop your adrenaline rush from making you scatter brained, etc.

Am I way off base here?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone has their personal theories on how to train. I try to keep it simple. I do not believe that "practice makes perfect" as most do. I believe "perfect practice makes perfect". The different is, if you are executing techniques even moderatly incorrect, in training. The flaws will be exagerated under fire.

This is also how I gauge conditioning aswell. I look at how tired the person is being trained, how much they are effort invested per technique and see when it starts to stray from the exemplar. (you can also judge the character/dedication of the student this way too). Some students will just start throwing sloppy techniques till the end of the drill, and others will heave, and muster the strength to do just one more, perfect and solid technique.

Then based on this information I guage conditioning and abilty to execute the tecnique under stress or possibly fighting.

I also want to insinuate a comment here...I learned that from "TMA" martial arts. Some times alot of the "old" things still work today.

Thank you for your time.

LG

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He had a Muay Thai school in Atl. but he appears to have moved to Thailand and has opened a school there. Looks like he trained with Whitesharks coach, Richard Tramell. He wrote a book on Muay Thai that I picked up from the library.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/09/2006 10:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSON
    He had a Muay Thai school in Atl. but he appears to have moved to Thailand and has opened a school there. Looks like he trained with Whitesharks coach, Richard Tramell. He wrote a book on Muay Thai that I picked up from the library.
    Ah cool. Me and Kat train with Manu.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 7:47pm

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question to the MT people: Do you guys triangulate your punches like the guy does in the punching video?

My MMA instructor...who's stand up is basically straight up MT...teaches it that way, but I don't really care much for it myself. I feel like it leaves me open for a counter punch over the top.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/23/2006 8:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you mean by "triangulate"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2006 10:49am

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    What do you mean by "triangulate"?
    Driving the fist downward upon impact.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast