Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 2:34pm

Style: MMA, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was an orange in Shou Shu, about to make blue when I quit. I could go on and on about it but Ill just say that I think its a made up art with a very made up lineage. Basically its a Ed Parker Kenpo rip off with no practicality. Im so glad to have gotten my butt kicked enough times to realize it was worthless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 1:39am

Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High Orange?!?! Well, of course you know what your talking about! Finally, some wisdom on the boards!!!

I must say, that is impressive. Not only do you have such a foundational understanding of Shou Shu, but of Kempo as well, and you are now a Muay Thai stylist. You must be some sort of prodigy, or something.

:5butthead

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 1:49am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    I was an orange in Shou Shu, about to make blue when I quit. I could go on and on about it but Ill just say that I think its a made up art with a very made up lineage. Basically its a Ed Parker Kenpo rip off with no practicality. Im so glad to have gotten my butt kicked enough times to realize it was worthless.
    Is it just me or was there an investation of these guys on MAP a long time a go when i used to post?

There were big ass arguements where some Shou Shu guy would talk about how he grappled with Royce Gracie and was not impressed or how he fought 5 guys at once and walked away without a scratch.

Lots like that.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 8:59am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    Is it just me or was there an investation of these guys on MAP a long time a go when i used to post?
    Multiple times...

There were big ass arguements where some Shou Shu guy would talk about how he grappled with Royce Gracie and was not impressed or how he fought 5 guys at once and walked away without a scratch.
    Just about... note that didn't pass muster on MAP.

There a person posting on MAP now whose done a good chunk of research on Shou Shu. Basically, he's making a pretty stong case that it's Tracy Ke(m/n)po with a bit of CMA stirred in for good luck. From everything that I've seen of Shou Shu that makes a lot of sense.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 9:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo
    High Orange?!?! Well, of course you know what your talking about! Finally, some wisdom on the boards!!!

I must say, that is impressive. Not only do you have such a foundational understanding of Shou Shu, but of Kempo as well, and you are now a Muay Thai stylist. You must be some sort of prodigy, or something.

Deleted response, not worth it.
    Last edited by Whitey; 9/07/2006 9:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 9:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lots like that.
    Yeah, there are a lot of claims. My favorite is the Da Shifu/Bruce Lee encounters. I believe there was a big war on some kung fu forum a while back also, cant remember which one though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 10:14pm

Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Deleted response, not worth it.
    No need to puss out... just let the anger flow, and soon you'll be L33T k3ybo4rd w4rri0r

Anyway, as I implied, you have too little knowledge to make any claims. Admittedly, the people with the knowledge to say yea or nay have not always expressed themselves in a manner that fosters calm debate, but they have also been attacked repeatedly by a small minority. It seems that rational discussion on this subject is impossible.

So, since you apparently never came close to a black belt in Shou Shu, and it doesn't seem that you hold any sort of rank in Kempo (do you?)...
    STFU!

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 10:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El Diablo, good to see you are still trying to put down your fart's detractors with crap attempts at saying they are not qualified to review the art.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo

Coming from a former Shou Shu Green belt... nay LOW Green Belt, this line of counter-attack is a bit of an own goal. You are just another Shou Shu nutrider who joined last we had Shou Shu under the spotlight so that you could defend Shu Shu
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...751#post800751
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...282#post799282

Try harder next time :5bye:
    Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 9/07/2006 10:34pm at .
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 11:47pm

Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are a few videos of their supposed superior art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=447kC...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOt5dyOKXs&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AabfU3u8o&NR (what the hell, blocking a straight punch, even a jab, with a kick?)

There are a few more up there, but I have neither the patience or interest to look at more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2006 7:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a video of a Shou Shu guy vs BJJ, "no rules", where the Shou Shu guy could attack the eyes and groins, and where there was no tapping out.

Shou Shu guy lost to submission, does anyone know where that video is?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast