Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 12:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My Shou Shu Experience

Well I have been taking shou shu for under a year and have done well so far. I have been real interested in the lineage of this art and have to say that I really don't buy what they are selling me. I have read the past thread about the 1988 experience and have to say not too much has changed. Just a few weeks ago I was listening to this shifu talk about how he knows this guy a "self proclaimed" 8th degree in his respective art. The SS Shifu then questioned his validity of his rank and asked him who made promoted him to "Grand Master". The guy never gave this SS shifu an answer and he continued to say how he knew he was full of it because he couldn't even say who gave him his title!!! HAHAHA that was great because the whole Moore's system is based on a man who has never revealed his true training or who made him a Grand Master!!! Ahhh...the irony. And then of course he follows up this story about how he thrashed some guy at some place and I guess I was supposed to be impressed. The truth is I am not impressed with little people going around picking fights just to prove how great they are and then tell me about it like I am supposed to be in awe. I believe a real master would not look for any opportunity to showcase his skills but instead refrain from using them until absolutely necessary. The other point in his story was that he assumed that just because this guy had an 8th degree in his art that made him a Grand Master. I have never let this slip but my father studied Shorin Ryu in Okinawa under Hohan Soken. He never really taught me the art and now I have the time and the money I am taking MA. But I have lived with my father throughout my youth and I have picked up on a few things. Such as in his system there is a 10th degree to be referred to as a Grand Master. Secondly, I can actually look up his teacher and style and find valid sources. While searching to break their web of (I will refrain from using lies until it is proven) questionable statements I stumbled onto this site. And I would like to say that I can see why many people don't like the SSers. It is like a cult and if you don't believe it is because you just don't have faith...hmmm sounds like many other cults the minute you question. Questioning should be encouraged so that people can come to their own conclusions based on what they discover. It is true then it will be out there. Here are some other ones and please if anyone has any proof to prove these true I would love to see it to put my mind at rest. I do not challenge I only question:

1. Al Moore II is in the guiness book of world records for 26 strikes in 1 second?
    2. Bruce Lee and Al Moore sparred and Al Sr. knocked him out?
    3. Why is the system called Karate but the students are told it is Kung Fu?
    4. Is that how you pronounce Teacher in chinese Shifu or Sifu?

I have to say it has been hard going to class and looking at the teachers at the studio and thinking haven't they ever thought about this stuff or do they buy it hook line and sinker.

As for you MMA JJ guys I do believe that every art has its specialty, time and place. I would agree that most fights will eventually end up on the ground and to not have any ground techniques and refer to yourself as the complete self defense system is not only silly but irresponsible. I don't think all the techniques I am learning will end a fight...heck I don't even think half of the punches they show will do anything to another person with their adrenaline running and ready to fight. Sorry for being so disjunct in my writing I had this all thought out ahead of time but it kinda fell through once I started typing. I am sure I started a fire but like I said I am going through it now and would just like clarification. Because if it isn't true then I am pretty sure it was all a marketing ploy that just went wild.

Thanks for reading down this far.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 12:31am

Style: mantis kung-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    woozle wuzzle?

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 12:38am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nothing you said makes sense. what school, and who said da shifu jr hit 26 times in a sec?? please your pulling info from every source in the net for this post. you can take one event after another and find it in coversation all over the internet, now your posting it as though its one person involved in all the same events.

obviously you havent been taking the art since you spent hard money and still bash it. under a yr?? you have spent time in it along with money. if you didnt like it then why still pay for lessons and then bash the art?? your the dumbass for paying for something that you dont like.

bottom line if you dont like it then dont train in it.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 9:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by manitobamantis
    woozle wuzzle?
    Woozle Wuzzle INDEED!!!

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 10:00am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like you're being fed a completely fake history along with completely useless curriculum. 26 REAL strikes can't be done in 1 second... or 5... or 10. Also, there's no evidence that Bruce Lee was ever knocked out by whatshisface.

I'd suggest just training somewhere else. I'm sure if you give us your area someone can recommend a good school.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 2:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Al Moore II is in the guiness book of world records for 26 strikes in 1 second?
    This is IMPOSSIBLE. Even flailing away, which means no power, you can't get 26 in 1 second.

I checked the Guiness website and even browsed some of the Guiness Books from the last couple of years. No mention of him.

2. Bruce Lee and Al Moore sparred and Al Sr. knocked him out?
    Even with amount of Bruce Lee haters on MA boards I don't ever recall him being KOed by a person of this name. The best way to verifiy this is to contact some of Lee's direct students.

3. Why is the system called Karate but the students are told it is Kung Fu?
    This is usually an indicator that the system is made up and made appeal to pple who are not savy in Asian MA termonlogy or history.

4. Is that how you pronounce Teacher in chinese Shifu or Sifu?
    This is a matter of dialect. Some prounounce it SHIR FU (Mandarin) and others SEE FU (Cantonese)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 3:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOps11
    nothing you said makes sense. what school, and who said da shifu jr hit 26 times in a sec?? please your pulling info from every source in the net for this post. you can take one event after another and find it in coversation all over the internet, now your posting it as though its one person involved in all the same events.

obviously you havent been taking the art since you spent hard money and still bash it. under a yr?? you have spent time in it along with money. if you didnt like it then why still pay for lessons and then bash the art?? your the dumbass for paying for something that you dont like.

The person that told me that is a brown belt and instructor in the system. I did not just make this up I was told this by instructors. I was just asking for clarification of confirmation. You are right what I said doesn't make sense that is why I am asking. As for still paying for it...well that is what a year contract does to you. So I go to class go to my lessons and try to make the most out of what I have learned.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by New Gamer
    The person that told me that is a brown belt and instructor in the system. I did not just make this up I was told this by instructors. I was just asking for clarification of confirmation. You are right what I said doesn't make sense that is why I am asking. As for still paying for it...well that is what a year contract does to you. So I go to class go to my lessons and try to make the most out of what I have learned.
    Bro, see if you can break the contract (you may have to pay a penalty). Don't tell them, though (yet).

See what's on your contract. You may want to post what your contract says, and we may be able to tell if you can break it or not.

2nd worse case scenario: Go to a doctor and complain of something, chronic body aches, chronic pain your ankles, back, wrists, fatigue, whatever. Tell him that you are doing MA and that since you started it, it's getting worse and worse. By that time, your doctor will tell you to stop it. Then, at that point, ask him to make some medical form stating that you need to stop MA because of your health problems.

Then, take that form to your school so that they can cancel the contract.

Worst case scenario: stop making payments. If you are doing direct withdrawal, change account #s. If from a credit or debit card, ask your banking institution to send you a new one (tell them your card was lost or stolen). Either action will automatically stop the school from making direct withdraws.

The problem with this is that it will seriously blemish your credit record.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 8:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    26 strikes in one second? HHmmmm.... how many limbs does this guy have? Is he some kind of wierd set of saimese quadruplets?

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 12:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackOps11

Thanks for the bullshit evasive defence of Shou Shu.... what's your art?

I love Shou Shu kempo...

You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast