Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 12:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kenpo jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the invite ronin. What is the schedule like there. That 2 month deal he has on the webpage looks pretty good... cheap at least. and it would be nice because I am already doing the same system of kenpo and aikijutsu so i might could work things around my schedule a little more too. seems like a really respectable place.

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 1:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA,Thai Boxing,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    caldje, judge for yourself. Don't let anyone on an internet forum who's most intelligent statement is, "BJJ is the best" sway your decision.

I live right around the corner from the main TAMA school. Although I have never trained there, my instructor and some of my former instructors have. I even have a relative who trained with Taningco before he went big.

I've fought at some of TAMA's tournaments (years ago). I had training/sparring partners who were trained at his school.

When I actually had contact with him, Taningco was always a nice guy to me.

As far as a contract, many schools use them. Make the best of the opportunity you have in Middletown. Learn what you can and, if you don't like it, move on.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 7:56am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pahtoocara
    caldje, judge for yourself. Don't let anyone on an internet forum who's most intelligent statement is, "BJJ is the best" sway your decision.

I live right around the corner from the main TAMA school. Although I have never trained there, my instructor and some of my former instructors have. I even have a relative who trained with Taningco before he went big.

I've fought at some of TAMA's tournaments (years ago). I had training/sparring partners who were trained at his school.

When I actually had contact with him, Taningco was always a nice guy to me.

As far as a contract, many schools use them. Make the best of the opportunity you have in Middletown. Learn what you can and, if you don't like it, move on.
    This is good advice, you should come and watch classes and judge for yourself. I am pretty sure that they will let you come take classes for a week for free to try it out and see if it's what you want. Then you can sign up for the 2 month program for $100. After that if you still like the place then they will ask you to sign a 1 year contract.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 8:02am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Pahtoocara]caldje, judge for yourself. Don't let anyone on an internet forum who's most intelligent statement is, "BJJ is the best" sway your decision.

I live right around the corner from the main TAMA school. Although I have never trained there, my instructor and some of my former instructors have.
    QUOTE]

Pahtoocara...is your current instructor Jeff Brown down in Centerville?

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 11:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: FMA,Thai Boxing,Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwills
    Pahtoocara...is your current instructor Jeff Brown down in Centerville?
    Small world, actually.....I don't train with Brown but I do train with one of his former cohorts. My instructor and Brown trained with Taningco at the same time.

Brown has a nice school and I considered starting there some years ago before I started training where I do now.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 2:15pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by caldje
    Thanks for the invite ronin. What is the schedule like there. That 2 month deal he has on the webpage looks pretty good... cheap at least. and it would be nice because I am already doing the same system of kenpo and aikijutsu so i might could work things around my schedule a little more too. seems like a really respectable place.
    Schedule:

Mon-Thur: 6:30 Cardio class, 7:30 Muay Thai, 8:30 Open Class
    Mon: 7:30 BJJ with a Gi, 8:30 MMA
    Wed: 7:30 Sub Wrestling/MMA
    Tues, Thur: 7:30 Aiki-Jujitsu
    Tues: 8:30 Sparring
    Fri: Open Class starting around 6:30
    Sat: Not sure of the Sat. schedule.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234