Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 7:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having done a quick google it seems variations are used in sub and pro-wresling

Edit: and if i'd looked a bit harder I would have found this series of pics of the tec from 1/2 guard
    Last edited by Nate1481; 9/06/2006 8:13pm at .
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 10:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the arguments that come up on Pics of Disaster threads.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481
    Having done a quick google it seems variations are used in sub and pro-wresling

Edit: and if i'd looked a bit harder I would have found this series of pics of the tec from 1/2 guard
    Damn! I gotta try that next time I'm in half guard!! Thanks for the links!

*** EDIT ***

What the heck? This got double posted.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/07/2006 12:46pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    9/07/2006 10:41pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    oooo new sword. Who made it? link? Specific to any Ryu-Ha?

Any you even studying a sword school at the moment?

No. I've had this on on order for oh... 'bout two years or so now. It's a basic shinogi-zukuri sword, but it happens to parallel my Token Mino Higo-goshirae iaito exactly.

It's a Dguertin model based off a sword designed by Kaneuji (14th century, I think). 27.5 shaku, 11.5 inch tsuka. It's ass-ugly right now though. Black tsuba, black tsuka ito. I'm saving up for a koshirae change like I did on my last one, which is taking a bit since I can't work.

I have an old Gen 1 or Gen 2 Bugei Bamboo in great condition. I'd love to remount it in a toppei theme but that's more money than I have, and it has no hi so it doesn't fit my iaito quite as nicely.

You might be able to see some of her sister blades at http://www.dguertin.com. You might not. Darryl's been having some problems with his forge, but at last (long last), I've got my sword in. Once I remount it (early next year sometime) I'll post pictures.

I've been thinking of getting a training group together around here, because there's really nothing else. There's an MMA gym about 40-50 minutes away, and the DFW Kendo Kyokai is only about 1.5 hours away. It just depends on if I ever get my courseload under control.
    --
    L.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011