Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 1:08pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no HRD takedown. It's all from Judo/Aikido. Just like Yudo is just Judo except Koreans were/are so ultranationalistic or can't get over Japanese occupation or WW2 or something else that they want to use Korean word instead of Japanese.

At the sametime, Japanese are just as ultranationalistic or can't get over fact that they have to Japanize everytime or everything (ie: one reason why they invented romaji).

Far as I know, only remaining KMA that's actually originated and able to be traced right now is Taekkyon and Ssirreum. Problem is, both kinda suck.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 1:24pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wah?

Dude, Babo, look at the Taegyun thread in Icompete

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 1:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously, a lot of stuff on that clip was plain ol' fashioned judo. Just to play devil's advocate though, if the techniques are effective and they are training them in the proper manner, what's the ultimate harm in HRD people, or anyone else incorporating them into their style and explaining their inclusion with questionable history? Don't most people on this forum subscribe to the belief that lineage debates are a waste of time? I certainly do. To put it another way, let's say some soldier wants to believe that the Browning .50 caliber machine gun was invented by Ninjas in 17th century Japan. He might need a history lesson, but if he understands the proper use of the weapon, he'll be just as dangerous as anybody else.

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 1:43pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's the idea that they're lying about the lineage to attract students. Also, they're not giving credit where credit is due.

If I start doing BJJ and call it TehDeadlyDimMakJitsu... someone's going to be pissed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 2:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    If I start doing BJJ and call it TehDeadlyDimMakJitsu... someone's going to be pissed.
    Sure, but I bet they'd get even more pissed if you were teaching some sort of useless stuff you made up yourself and started calling it BJJ.

I agree that it's dishonest, and they absolutely should come right out and say something like, "We think judo is effective, so we worked it into our curriculum." I guess my point is simply that the important thing is the effectiveness of the techniques. If the stuff works, no one is really going to care if it came from Japan, Korea or Timbuktu. If it doesn't work, then it's Bullshido no matter what the history behind it might be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2006 2:33pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Wah?

Dude, Babo, look at the Taegyun thread in Icompete
    I've seen similiar vids online and on video (korean stores) about Taegyun. I still stand by comment it kinda sucks.

My reasoning (purely my opinion) is that there is a bit of emphasis of bi heng gak? hmm bi gak sool? 비행술? 비행술? shoot...I forgot the word for it. The techniques in Taegyun that involve both feet being off ground (jumping, flipping, etc.). At the sametime, hands down thing I never liked or fact that after takedown, they don't continue.

There are things I do like (like takedown) but overall my view is that Taegyun kinda sucks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456