232755 Bullies, 3651 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Purchasing Training Mats

I have no idea what forum to put this in anymore now that the general MA forum was nuked so it's going here due to the fact that this one seems to get the most traffic.

I'm looking to buy some new training mats that I can easily use from location to location. I was liking the way the 10x10 wrestling mats looked, but they don't seem to be as easily transportable, and quite simply smaller than the others when it comes to standup fighting.

I'm thinking I want some 6' x 12' x 1 3/8'' fold-up mats, but my bargain-fu seems a bit weak tonight, and I don't want to pay full retail price on them.

Does anyone know where to find a set (2) of such mats for under $500? Most I've seen are between $6-650 and some of the cheaper ones are a bit over 500, but I know there's something cheaper out there and I don't want to be kicking myself later.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you checked ebay or Craigslist? Apparently Craigslist isn't just for finding hookers anymore, you can find people trying to sell different crap like exercise equipment.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/spo/

Posted On:
    9/01/2006 11:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No luck there :(
    ~Bruce Lee

Judo: the anti-trapple

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dollamur might be what you're looking for. They roll up into rolls like 17" across and weigh like 20lbs. I'm getting some for my new rec room (10x10). I think the 10x10 wrestling mat is like $399.

Rigan Machado endorsed them and got paid with like a bazillion mats so he's using them everywhere. According to my buddy who talked to him he likes them so far (my buddy was teaching seminars with him, not some random guy questioning him). For what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur AMP
    You just can't go wrong when your getting armbar'd to Flogging Molly while a fire fighter is cursing at you in the background. Good stuff!

Posted On:
    9/02/2006 12:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Goldman
    Dollamur might be what you're looking for. They roll up into rolls like 17" across and weigh like 20lbs. I'm getting some for my new rec room (10x10). I think the 10x10 wrestling mat is like $399.

Rigan Machado endorsed them and got paid with like a bazillion mats so he's using them everywhere. According to my buddy who talked to him he likes them so far (my buddy was teaching seminars with him, not some random guy questioning him). For what it's worth.
    Those mats look quite sick, but for the price of a 5x10 from them I could get a 6x12 from elsewhere. I really like how they roll up like that though in one piece. I'll have to keep this site around.
    ~Bruce Lee